Connect™ by Transport for Cubeville

General discussions around player made builds/projects
Lime
Youtube: UC1nrD5W2Jcc84sxE1E2CjiA

Connect™ by Transport for Cubeville

Post by Lime »

As a village founder and mayor, I'm absolutely thrilled to start work on Cubeville Connect and Transport for Cubeville..

Having met and worked with so many wonderful people, including fellow village founders, I naturally wanted to tackle one of the tough challenges of running a village — welcoming and involving new residents. I've personally experienced one of the most significant hurdles to inviting new members: villages aren't given a portal to hub.

Cubeville Connect is a brand new project that I am delighted to start work on with some friends - A way to bring a sense of connection and easier non-skyway transport around CV, especially for those who do not live near a drop or skyway point, or for those who do not have an elytra.

Using Connect would be a perfect solution to two villages who have strong ties to each other, but there is a large biome between them - Or, a village is not anywhere near a drop or station on the skyway, in this situation Cubeville Connect could give them fast transport right to the nearest drop, however far away it is.

This project entails creating a large boat + blue ice system connecting villages, drops, WIP projects, and more together. Depending on factors such as terrain or nearby builds, this could be done over-ground or underground, ensuring fast, easy, and most importantly versatile transportation for local communities and projects on CV.

If we have skyway, drops, the hub, spawn, towns, and other ways to get around - What even is the point of this, you may ask?.
This service is designed to be more 'localized' and 'community centred', as a connection between projects, and an easy and efficient way for people to travel small distances without losing hunger, or getting killed by mobs.

How can you get a Connect™ transport line implemented in your local community?

As this is a local and community based organisation, we do stand for non-profit values, however some large factors such as distance and size etc may impact our 'minimum price'. We run from a pay-what-you-want system, meaning you pay what you feel is necessary for the work we have done. If you feel like paying nothing, that's alright. If you feel like paying 100c, that's alright too! If you would like to lean more about Cubeville Connect and our parent organisation Transport for Cubeville, please contact me in game or on the forums - IGN : FredLime. Thanks ^.^

PS...

Do you want to help out with this project? We need as much help we can get and are looking for lots of volunteers interested in supporting this project in the form of helping to clear tunnels, and plan routes etc. Please contact me for more info.
OfflineOffline
Creg__
Location: 1 Collegeway district, Xmas City, Salamander Kingdom

Re: Connect™ by Transport for Cubeville

Post by Creg__ »

This is a greght project! I love it!
Question: Is this a rail system in connection to TVC or CRVC rails?
OfflineOffline
SergeantEagle

Post by SergeantEagle »

Seems like a good idea to me.
I can help you get supplied for that blue ice
would you want to get supplied?
thats what my company is about, Beacon village supplying.co.
you probably need some help, so im here to help!
“Sir yes sir!”
OfflineOffline
Lime
Youtube: UC1nrD5W2Jcc84sxE1E2CjiA

Post by Lime »

Creg idk what TVC or TRVC rail even is, never heard of it.

And epich that would be osm yes pls :D
OfflineOffline
SergeantEagle

Post by SergeantEagle »

K, next time i be online id be mining ice in the farmlands :)
“Sir yes sir!”
OfflineOffline