Neo City village application

Submit applications to have your village reviewed for official status.
Phoach

Neo City village application

Post by Phoach »

So I think I have gotten Neo City to the point of village status the location is under the sea around 7000, -30, -1700 (not exact coordinates) and it's entirely underground, there is no connection between the village and the water and it never will be. The entrance is thru the highway system and the west highway is complete and the surface entrance/exit is at 6540, 64, 1650. The south highway is my next project. The village has some complete and ready to buy residential and commercial land and it will get more in the future. Incomplete areas are blocked off and complete areas have full paths of travel available. I plan to expand the city much more. But I want to start getting more people in the area not that I've spent enough time getting it prepared for players to join the Neo City
OfflineOffline
LissaLaine

Re: Neo City village application

Post by LissaLaine »

Hi there, I've taken a look, and you have a nice start. Here are some things I've noticed.

Village requirements are found here: https://cubeville-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33

• Village Hall
For your founders/member - you need a mayor (you) at least two active founders, and an active member. Your listed member, Keke__1, was last on five months ago, and therefore inactive. Of your founders, we have you,(active) willow (active) FlooptyWhoopty, (last on two months ago) and SaltyChad (last on four months ago - inactive) This means that you'll need a different member, and if Floopty hits three months, you'd need another founder as well.

• Village Center
I found what i think you are meaning to be the village center, but a label would be helpful also :)

• Farms
Farms look good :)

• Player Builds
☑ At least 3 founder homes
☑ At least 1 member home
I only found homes for Phoach and Floopty. if the others do not have homes, they need to be built, if they do, coords would be appreciated, as I've looked all over.

• Lighting/Mob-Proofing
The village area underground appears to be well lit.

• Coastal/Island Villages
I see that you've marked the boundaries with buoys, so this works.

As the village requirements state "Any water within your marked border must be lit up. The lighting must extend EITHER 25 blocks into the water from the coastline OR as far as your border markers, whichever distance is greater. Alternatively, you can build a three high wall around the edge of any coasts/islands within your protection." This will need to be done at your surface.

The other issue that would need to be addressed is that the surface entrance you posted is quite far outside the boundaries of the village you've marked off. You would need to add a new entrance that is within the bounds of the village.
OfflineOffline
Phoach

Post by Phoach »

LissaLaine wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:50 am Hi there, I've taken a look, and you have a nice start. Here are some things I've noticed.

Village requirements are found here: https://cubeville-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33

• Village Hall
For your founders/member - you need a mayor (you) at least two active founders, and an active member. Your listed member, Keke__1, was last on five months ago, and therefore inactive. Of your founders, we have you,(active) willow (active) FlooptyWhoopty, (last on two months ago) and SaltyChad (last on four months ago - inactive) This means that you'll need a different member, and if Floopty hits three months, you'd need another founder as well.

• Village Center
I found what i think you are meaning to be the village center, but a label would be helpful also :)

• Farms
Farms look good :)

• Player Builds
☑ At least 3 founder homes
☑ At least 1 member home
I only found homes for Phoach and Floopty. if the others do not have homes, they need to be built, if they do, coords would be appreciated, as I've looked all over.

• Lighting/Mob-Proofing
The village area underground appears to be well lit.

• Coastal/Island Villages
I see that you've marked the boundaries with buoys, so this works.

As the village requirements state "Any water within your marked border must be lit up. The lighting must extend EITHER 25 blocks into the water from the coastline OR as far as your border markers, whichever distance is greater. Alternatively, you can build a three high wall around the edge of any coasts/islands within your protection." This will need to be done at your surface.

The other issue that would need to be addressed is that the surface entrance you posted is quite far outside the boundaries of the village you've marked off. You would need to add a new entrance that is within the bounds of the village.
The village center is a few floors up but I'll refine it better, ... I'm having trouble getting people but I'll work on that. My only issue is that the water area is not to be connected and I'm using a highway system for traveling in and out. Am I still required to use the surface of the region to build a village?
OfflineOffline
LissaLaine

Post by LissaLaine »

Hi there,
The problem with the current entrance to the west is that it's about 350 blocks from the border of the village. It would not be able to be protected by the village nbz, which would expand 100 blocks each direction. You will need some sort of entrance within the village walls.
OfflineOffline
WallyDonkey
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6R2Vr ... vBJc0vofaw

Post by WallyDonkey »

Just a note for this village project, there has been a change to the village requirements re. underwater lighting that will be of particular benefit to Neo City Village: https://cubeville-forum.org/viewtopic.php?p=9300#p9300
OfflineOffline
Phoach

Post by Phoach »

So I was burnt out after a while and left minecraft for a few months. But I'm back now to finish what I started. I've also added a new founder, DrAlgenic, and he has the home in the center claimed with a mailbox. I think my village meets the missing requirements. Also I sold a commercial plot to a shop keeper. I forgot the username but they are building it in the west side of the shopping district in the first alley shop. I also made an artificial island with a 3 high wall and lighting around the island. I'm hoping to make this village status to make it active and get people in and building homes and and start working towards a town.
OfflineOffline
WallyDonkey
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6R2Vr ... vBJc0vofaw

Post by WallyDonkey »

Very happy to let you know that Neo City is now Cubeville's most recent official village. The region is neo_city, it is cuboid so you can subzone it yourself. All founders have been added as owners on the village region. Congratulations!
OfflineOffline
Phoach

Post by Phoach »

Thank you. I now have new goals to reach and excited to build this place up
OfflineOffline