Astronautica Application

Submit applications to have your village reviewed for official status.
Talsair

Astronautica Application

Post by Talsair »

Hi CV,

After being around since CV 3, I had the insane idea to make my own village. It's nowhere near done, very nubby indeed. Much is temporary. Still trying to solidify the vision.

My village Astronautica is located at: http://www.cubeville.org/map/#/-3516/24 ... lle/world
It has all the essential farms: basic crops, iron, cane, kelp, melon, pumpkin, gunpowder, pigman and bee products. It also has a villager trading hall and breeder.

The theme is space and ocean. Yeah, I know, good luck with that.

Mayor: Talsair
Founders: Tisjstme, MrTurtleMan_
Members: Sonicar

Let me know what ya think!

Talsair
OfflineOffline
SergeantEagle

Re: Astronautica Application

Post by SergeantEagle »

Not nubby, but by the way villagers cost 150c each :I
“Sir yes sir!”
OfflineOffline
Talsair

Post by Talsair »

epichsus wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:28 pm Not nubby, but by the way villagers cost 150c each :I
True, I already have the villagers. :P

Also, I realized the maplink I posted is pretty stupid. I hope this is a better one: https://www.cubeville.org/map/#/-3420/6 ... ille/world

~Talsair
OfflineOffline
Tisjstme

Post by Tisjstme »

Good Luck.
Should be fun doing the Space/Ocean theme... that will make 2 ocean themes for me.
OfflineOffline
unixadmin

Post by unixadmin »

Sorry for the delay in replying, we are just checking a few things on our end, and will get a status update to you soon.

STATUS UPDATE:

Looking at your village, the only thing that I can see as needing corrections is the water lighting level. While you have lit up the water a little bit, 1 or 2 sea pickles will not get the light to be at level 8 or above (7 and below can spawn Drowned). 3 sea pickles can get it there, but you will most likely end up using more than you would like to, hence I recommend using 4 in every patch.

If you don't know what the light levels are, you can download a Fabric mod, Light Overlay.

Please make a follow-up post when this has been addressed, and then we can re-check the light levels.
OfflineOffline
Talsair

Post by Talsair »

Hi unixadmin,

I apologize for making you look when I clearly didn't understand pickle lightning.

Thank you for the mod you mentioned. I've never used Fabric before. It was an immense help. After a total of perhaps over 17,000 pickles, I think I might have it done? I've done a number of swim arounds, including the caves and canyons, to check. I was flying blind before without any way to tell light level underwater and not knowing it was 4 pickles to equal one torch.

I hope I got it done. I feel for Admins for having to check it. :/

Thanks for looking and for the tip!

Talsair
OfflineOffline
unixadmin

Post by unixadmin »

Thanks for the follow-up. Apologies that my reply took so long to get to you. Everything looks good.

I'm happy to announce that Astronautica is now an official Village for CV7. Your village details will be as follows:

Main Region - astronautica
- Owners: Talsair, Tisjstme, MrTurtleMan_
- Members: Sonicar

NBZ Region - astronautica_nbz
- No owners, no members*

Congratz on making village, enjoy!

*If you require being on the NBZ for town preparations, such as adding lighting to the NBZ for any requirements, please feel free to submit a modreq in-game. NBZ membership is only temporary, and only to be used for general beautification (can't put town builds or plots, etc. in the NBZ).
OfflineOffline