Mosvale Village Application

Submit applications to have your village reviewed for official status.
Fireheads

Mosvale Village Application

Post by Fireheads »

Welcome to Mosvale!
After quite a while, we believe we have sufficiently met the requirements for village status! We hope this gets approved so here it is!

Town Hall
Our town hall sits at the base of the river where it flows out. It has a flower garden, a portal spot, rules and announcements and our founders and helpers!

Farms
Our farms are in the greenhouse. Use the lift sign to go down. We have a small carrot field, and large wheat and potato ones. We also have sugarcane. Note that the field above ground was too hard to subzone as it wasnt cuboid.

Wall
Our wall right now is a simple cobblestone wall that will definitely be replaced. This is a temporary one so we can protect our village from greifing.

Members
We currently have 4 members! They're houses are in the housing district and are labeled.

Founders
We have 3 founders
Me: pumpkin_for_head
Lucky_me_
Thomcau
Mayor: pumpkin_for_head

Town Center
Our town center is a big custom tree. We have directions hanging from it. The tree is currentley a WIP.

Future plans:

We have many future plans. We have already started on a humongous custom mountain that will likely hold something. We also would like to expand to a bustling town. We also have a trade hall in the mountain that is a WIP too.

All members and founders are active.
http://www.cubeville.org/map/#/6931/64/ ... ille/world
Note: One house, thomcuas house is built following tutorial by daxar123_builds. Every other build does not follow a tutorial.
Last edited by Fireheads on Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joined CV September 18th 2020 and loves this server and never wants to leave
:green_heart: :heart: :orange_heart: :pink_heart: :purple_heart: :blue_heart: :yellow_heart: :cv:
OfflineOffline
vip2kea
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMF4kI ... QKHJHgvjzw

Re: Mosvale Village Application

Post by vip2kea »

Good luck!

Looks like an amazing place, Fireheads!
Hi, I'm vip2kea! Nice to meet you!!! :D
CV6 Villages: Mayor of Calmi and Rivenbrick
CV7 Villages: Co-Mayor (Technically not Mayor Officially) of Oceano. Founder of Candy Land, Cherry Isles, and Redhills.
🖖🦯
Christian - Star Trek Nerd 🖖 - ACB 🦯
OfflineOffline
Wethecreature

Post by Wethecreature »

I never even thought of Mossvale! :lol:
OfflineOffline
Ptown16

Post by Ptown16 »

Hello there!

Honestly, I really like how the village is looking so far, and I think you've got something really cool!

Unfortunately, there's still a few lighting issues that will need to be fixed before this is approved.
I would recommend getting a light level overlay mod so you can more easily see where mobs could spawn at nighttime.
And make sure you check all the roofs of the houses, there's a few spots on most houses where mobs can spawn.

On top of that, there's a point where the wall breaks at x:6980 z:450 (where the hill is), and while I think the hill is really cool you'll still need to make sure you have a wall around the area that will keep the mobs out, and light the top of the hill so that a creeper won't dive bomb a player below.

Once these issues are fixed, you should be good to go for village!

One last thing though -- what is the situation with the mountain? As is, it would be included in the village's NBZ which may make that much harder to work on. Would you want to include that as part of the village? If so, you'll want to extend the wall around it and light it.

Thanks, and have a nice day!
~Ptown
Ptown16
| Revived Admin | Business Cat | Fancy Builder |
(though I am not good at business xD)
Profile Picture by MCG8
OfflineOffline
Fireheads

Post by Fireheads »

YAYYY SOMEONE RESPONDED

Firstly, I have no clue how to get light overplay but I will try meh best to fix up those spots or try to find someone who does to help. For the mountain, I think I’ll expand the walls. That would give more space for buildings and the mountain. I should have this done by Wensday hopefully.
:green_heart: :heart: :orange_heart: :pink_heart: :purple_heart: :blue_heart: :yellow_heart: :cv:
OfflineOffline
Ptown16

Post by Ptown16 »

Awesome! Well, just reply in this thread when you're ready for another look!
If you need some help finding the lighting spots just ping me in-game and I'd be happy to turn mine on and show you where I see dark spots.
Ptown16
| Revived Admin | Business Cat | Fancy Builder |
(though I am not good at business xD)
Profile Picture by MCG8
OfflineOffline
Fireheads

Post by Fireheads »

Ok, its taking a bit longer than I expected, because now I have to light up the whole mountain which is a proccess without an elytra....
OfflineOffline
Fireheads

Post by Fireheads »

I believe we are ready for evaluation. I’ve been inactive recently due to to sleep away camp and other games however am trying to get back on. We actually finished meeting the requirements over a month ago so sorry for the late response
OfflineOffline
LissaLaine

Post by LissaLaine »

Hi there,
I took a very quick look, as we noticed this seems to still be open, and other than the wall needing lighting along the top, it looks complete. however, you appear to be inactive, so we'd need you to be online again as well. :)
OfflineOffline