Flotsam Village Application

Submit applications to have your village reviewed for official status.
Joshiek

Flotsam Village Application

Post by Joshiek »

Howdy!

I believe Flotsam is finally ready. I've been working on it for several weeks now and I think it's ready to be an official village.

Village name: Flotsam
Village Founders: Joshiek, MrSirDBA, JinKiJoo
Member: SirGiddy

Just some notes: the village has pre-built homes that people can decorate the interiors of, but not exteriors. Currently, everyone is still working on their interiors as some have moved in today. JinKiJoo has constructed a small home on one of the home plots. The village center is also more to the right side of the village, as I have plans to expand in other directions around it (see the planning board at the village center). And renovations are being done to the animal farm, but it is still operational.

https://www.cubeville.org/map/#cv7survi ... 0:0:0:flat
OfflineOffline
LissaLaine

Re: Flotsam Village Application

Post by LissaLaine »

Hi there, you have a great start! This is just some quick notes on what I've found.

• Village Hall
This looks good and has everything you need.

• Village Center
Also looks good :)

• Wall
The portion of wall over the land area is tall enough and lit, however, just note that drowned can spawn in the river there.
You will need to light the river area - I'd suggest sea pickles, in the parts that are within the wall. To keep mobs from swimming in through the water gaps in the wall, I would use glass panes, fences, or iron bar those sections of water. I find that to be the easiest way to protect while still keeping the water looking a bit more open.

• Farms
Farms look good, even without the renovations :)

• Player Builds
I did find each person's home. Jinkijoo, MrSirDBA, and SirGiddy will need to furnish their homes.

• Lighting/Mob-Proofing
I found a few lighting issues I wanted to point out - Mobs did spawn while I was out looking around.
-Parts along the sides of the lighthouse and the flag.
-The small side on the aquarium (the conservation center) roof.
-The little blue boat on the side of the conservation center - south end of the boat.
-The elytra platform
-The workshop roof
-A couple of tiny floating pads - they are 3x3 grass with the wool around them.
-Tops of the farms

This is the section of the Village Requirements posted in the forums relating to Coastal/Island Villages related to water lighting:
• Coastal/Island Villages
☑ Any water within your marked border and within 30 blocks from land must be lit up. This means that any water surrounding an island or coastline needs to be lit up to a distance of 30 blocks, but deep ocean that is not within 30 blocks of land can remain unlit. Alternatively, you can build a three high wall around the edge of any coasts/islands within your protection.

Because you're more or less entirely in water, the underwater area needs to be lit. I see that some of the area has been seapickled, but quite a bit has not. The lighting is going to be important here as drowned do spawn (and sometimes fling tridents in your direction) Lighting the bottom fully will keep this from happening.

Once you've gotten the lighting issues taken care of, and the others move in, you will be set. So close! On a side note, I totally want to live here :-p
OfflineOffline
Joshiek

Post by Joshiek »

Ah, okay I wasn't sure if I needed to light everything underwater up entirely if it was deep enough. I'll get the lighting sorted out today :) ty, Lissa. And you are always welcome in Flotsam haha
OfflineOffline
Joshiek

Post by Joshiek »

Alright, the lighting issues should be remedied now, Lissa. Let me know if there is anything I missed. Still waiting on my founders/members home stuff.
LissaLaine wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:26 pm
• Lighting/Mob-Proofing
I found a few lighting issues I wanted to point out - Mobs did spawn while I was out looking around.
-Parts along the sides of the lighthouse and the flag.
-The small side on the aquarium (the conservation center) roof.
-The little blue boat on the side of the conservation center - south end of the boat.
-The elytra platform
-The workshop roof
-A couple of tiny floating pads - they are 3x3 grass with the wool around them.
-Tops of the farms

This is the section of the Village Requirements posted in the forums relating to Coastal/Island Villages related to water lighting:
• Coastal/Island Villages
☑ Any water within your marked border and within 30 blocks from land must be lit up. This means that any water surrounding an island or coastline needs to be lit up to a distance of 30 blocks, but deep ocean that is not within 30 blocks of land can remain unlit. Alternatively, you can build a three high wall around the edge of any coasts/islands within your protection.

Because you're more or less entirely in water, the underwater area needs to be lit. I see that some of the area has been seapickled, but quite a bit has not. The lighting is going to be important here as drowned do spawn (and sometimes fling tridents in your direction) Lighting the bottom fully will keep this from happening.
OfflineOffline
LissaLaine

Post by LissaLaine »

Congratulations, You have village status!
Rg: Flotsam
Owners: Joshiek, MrSirDBA, JinkiJoo, Members:SirGiddy
OfflineOffline