☀️ Welcome to the town of Felix ☀️

Submit requests for a town status vote for your village
Aves_Felix

☀️ Welcome to the town of Felix ☀️

Post by Aves_Felix »

The Felix townsfolk would like to invite you to visit their colourful municipality!

Landmarks include:
Pyramid Valley - counting nine wonders of the world
St. Brendan's Cathedral - for weddings, funerals, and meditation sessions
Llama Point - featuring a luxury swimming pool and condos
Eco Treehouse village - for overnight visitors, featuring complimentary sniffer company
Temple of Console - a unique place of worship for the mighty Cubeville Console
Aves' Clubhouse - book this new space for your birthday parties, family gatherings and top-secret meetings

Amenities include:
— Take a hike on the impressive town walls which circle the burg on two separate outdoor levels
— Spend some time at the Labyrinth - will you be able to find your way back out again?
— Ready for another challenge? Miles's hilltop Parkour keeps changing and expanding
— Take a look around the crop farms - there's something fun for everyone (automatic and manual harvest)
— Brand new! Power up at Felix piglin XP farm and re-energize after a long day’s mining
— Join our town today: market stalls, shop and home plots are available for low prices
— Just outside the Felix gates, a new tribe is settling. Currently on display: their traditional riverside pottery, produced in a full-functioning hand-made wood kiln

Maplink: https://www.cubeville.org/map/#cv7survi ... erspective

Felix Hall (-761, 76, 1300) with its inviting Map Room is located in the center of town, right next to the hub portal. Multi-colour signs help visitors find directions to landmarks and amenities. All roads, paths, builds, hills and waters have been carefully lit for your strolling pleasure.

Townsfolk are:
— Miles_Felix (Mayor: -763, 101, 1191)
— Brenny_Felix (Founder: -777, 107, 1245)
— Aves_Felix (Founder: -792, 77, 1330)
— NeeBedankt (Member: -588, 86, 1373)
— Xxryan303xX (Member: -657, 91, 1468)
— rxyc (Shopkeeper: -839, 80, 1348)
— blurry16 (Shopkeeper: -839, 77, 1330)
— _Sammiee_ (Market vendor: -742, 82, 1315)

When accepted, the town of Felix would love to have the region changed to ✿ Flower Forest ✿ biome.
Thank you!

town-of-felix.jpg

The Town of Felix: A Brief History

The Town of Felix stands upon the site of the ancient Pyramid Valley. Archeologist Dr. Brendiana Jones, Miles and Aves moved to what was a windswept and barren gravelly hill area. Brendiana had previously purchased a tattered sugar cane parchment from a wandering trader. The mysterious paper contained a partial map with notes written in the margin stating the following: “Cometh in the 7th epoch of Cubeville, in the Valley of the Great Pyramids, the rediscovery of the all-powerful Ark of the Consolenant.” The team set out to discover the Pyramids, buried and lost in time, in hope of finding the Ark. Enjoy your stay in our town that has sprung up around this heritage site. Explore and unravel the mysteries of the pyramids, their archeological dig sites and the restored hilltop Temple of Console!
Last edited by Aves_Felix on Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
Cubeville Citizen since 16/04/2022
Cubeville Helper since 04/06/2023
Cubeville Moderator since 09/12/2023
Cubeville Senior Moderator since 20/04/2024
OfflineOffline
BandNerdMama

Re: ☀️ Welcome to the town of Felix ☀️

Post by BandNerdMama »

Hi Felix crew! I will be processing your application later today - you've not been forgotten! So far it looks great :D

Cubeville member since July 21, 2016
Promoted to Moderator on September 3, 2017
Promoted to Senior Moderator on June 10, 2018
Promoted to Administrator on June 11, 2023
OfflineOffline
BandNerdMama

Post by BandNerdMama »

Hi friends -

First off, I love the lore around this place! So cool!

As I'm looking around and comparing with town requirements, I've found the following things that need to be addressed:
  • Your crop farms seem to be roughly 20x20 in size (all combined), but for the size of this town I would really like to see larger farms. I just don't think that these plots will be substantial enough to feed the town's residents. EDIT: I did find a larger crop area with larger wheat farms and gigantic pumpkin/melon farms. I'm not sure if players will want to live off bread and melon alone. I would still recommend expanding your variety of farms a bit if possible.
  • Unfortunately, I think your animal pens might be a bit on the small side as well. Also worth thinking about: animals can be struck by lightning and die when exposed to the elements. Perhaps you can solve both these issues by putting crops and animals underground? Alternatively a lightning rod would help :)
  • As for portal location, it should have "nearby visible directions" and it does! However, perhaps a direction/welcome board directly across from the portal would be easily recognizable and help players get started in your town.
  • "Must include at least 2 active and reasonably stocked shops selling at least a small variety of materials each." I found Aves' Bee Shop and lots of beautiful plots for more shops as well as market stalls, but no variety and only the one shop (EDIT: found rxyc's shop down the road a little. They sell 4 items currently, so a little more variety would be really nice!). This is a beautiful place, I bet it'd be easy enough to get players to set up shops here :D
  • "Must have at least 5 members who have been active in the last 6 months." I was unable to find many residences - I think I found three? They're pretty scattered around town and there weren't directional signs to a residential area that I could find. I did find a spot next to rxyc's shop with 6 residential plots available. After finding a couple more residents you'll also need to create a few more plots to stick to the "there must be a minimum of 5 available residential plots for new members" guideline.
I realize this seems full of negative remarks - I absolutely adore this place and can't wait to see it thriving! I think you'll be able to fix up these minor issues easily and reapply quickly for a new check of the area. Take a couple weeks to polish the area up - you can reapply for town again on or after 17th September :D

OfflineOffline
Aves_Felix

Post by Aves_Felix »

Thank you so much for your time and insights, BNM! Will get onto these issues straight away. Most of them, we can solve with signs and clarifications in our application, others we're looking forward to continue building in the coming few days.

We'll definitely be able to get organized by the 17th :)
Have a great day!
Last edited by Aves_Felix on Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
OfflineOffline
Aves_Felix

Post by Aves_Felix »

Hello hello! We're ready to have Felix reviewed again for town status :heart:

— The application has been updated with coordinates to all townsfolk builds, and omitting animal farms from public farms.
— We have welcomed two new shopkeepers to our community: blurry16 and _Sammiee_, as well as soft opening additional shops built by Miles_Felix and Aves_Felix. Some of these are still under construction and will need a bit of stocking, like in any good town ;) Overall, we hope to have the required amount of products available to be able to compete on the commercial market.
— Crop farms have undergone a major overhaul to include more diversity in vegetables. No more vitamin deficiency at Felix!
— Additional signage has been placed at the portal location, and inside the crop farm for easy access to your favourite snacks.

Thank you for your time!
Last edited by Aves_Felix on Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
OfflineOffline
BandNerdMama

Post by BandNerdMama »

Everything looks great! Congratulations on achieving town status :D Your portal has been set up at hub!

OfflineOffline