redhills town Application

Submit requests for a town status vote for your village
redstone_nub

redhills town Application

Post by redstone_nub »

welcome to red hills http://www.cubeville.org/map/#/-267/64/ ... ille/world
we have many farms and founders farms wool farm moss farm mob-farm seed farm melon beetroot carrots potatoes
we worked hard we also have a good community :D please enjoy your stay at red hills :) !!!!!
OfflineOffline
LissaLaine

Re: redhills town Application

Post by LissaLaine »

Hello there -
I can see that you've put a lot of work into your village to get it ready. I have gone through the town requirements and will post them here, along with my notes. This is quite long, and if you have questions, please post them here and I'll respond.

• Attained Village Status
☑ You must already have Village to apply for Town. This is done
☑ Village requirements must be being actively met. This is done. Village is well lit other than the top of the mob spawner build
☑ The mayor and at least 2 other founders must be active.
Redstone_nub - active, endercraft - active, mgmunicorn - 2 months inactive webnubster-2wks, would still be considered active.

• Completed Town Quest (Available Very Soon)
☑ The Mayor and at least 1 other founder must have completed the town quest. - This is not applicable at this time, so nothing here.

• Town Design
☑ Towns do not need to have a set theme, (although it can help,) but the town should be obviously unified and coordinated to some degree. - I do not see a set theme, per say, though it is not necessarily a full requirement, it makes it easier to follow and helps it to look cleaner.

• Portal Location
☑ Portal location should include nearby, visible directions for arrivals
I do see the Portal, and in front of it a welcome sign and a couple signs pointing you in the direction of a few things, but these are hard to read (darkoak and black letters) I would color the letters to a lighter color, or use lighter signs. They should point to the town hall and the town center, at the least, to help players know where to go.

• Food Farms
☑ Must include at least 5 different food types: plant, animal or a combination.
I found - Potato wheat carrot beetroot melm berries pumpkin
☑ Must include at least 3 different types of crop, crop farms must be a minimum of a 20x20 block area equivalent.
Original smaller farm by the founder homes, larger farm as well north west corner, random melm and pumpkin farms around town. This should overall be enough to meet the requirements, but would help if you had signs at each one.
☑ If animal farms are included in the food farms, they must be able to produce a reasonable amount of that food type for the size of the town. - I didn’t see any animal farms - but not needed as you have enough plants.

• Commodities
☑ Must include at least 2 other type of farm. Examples include mob grinder, xp farm, wool farm, guardian farm, facilitated mining, etc.
I found a public Mob grinder, and there seem to be some other farms that are private? (Wool, eggs) but not two public farms. You could meet this requirement by making the wool or eggs public. I see that there might be some other types of farms (moss block?) but nothing is really labeled so it gets to be confusing.

• Amenities
☑ Must include at least 2 active and reasonably stocked shops selling at least a small variety of materials each.
jstautumn, endercraft, so this is met.
☑ Must include at least 2 other town attractions. Examples include games, decorated parks, beachfront development, or things like bounce houses, pools, or unique, decent quality builds.
- The fountain could possibly count here, but could be decorated a bit more around it, and you'll need a second item for this.

• Members & Plots
☑ Must have at least 5 members who have been active in the last 6 months.
I see ODH, Heidsy, ben10, ryxc, and lukeaugust have member homes. all are active, so this is met.
☑ Must have at least 5 shop plots. This can include shop plots that are already filled, but there must be a minimum of 2 available shop plots to allow growth. (If you have 5 shop plots already filled, you will still need at least another 2 up for sale.)
- This is met.

☑ Must have at least 10 residential plots. This can include residential plots that are already filled, but there must be a minimum of 5 available residential plots for new members. (If you have 10 member plots already filled, you will still need at least another 5 up for sale.) This is met.

• Surrounding Area
☑ The surrounding area should be well lit to 25 blocks out to prevent most mob spawn and free of hazards.
NOTE: This lighting requirement extends to underwater sections of the surrounding area.
This is not met. When I previously added you to the nbz for lighting, you expanded the walls instead. When you are added to the nbz, you should only place lights, and make the land look nice, but at this point shouldn't expand any further. I can't really expand the nbz and further now due to the builds around it, so it's going to be a bit smaller than a normal nbz.

• Layout and Ease of Movement
☑ Required builds should have main road or otherwise reasonable access.
I do see roads in some areas, however, it is a bit confusing in some areas, as the roads are not uniform and don't match each other. The section with the empty house plots has no roads at all, and the road from the portal to the town hall is hard to see. I would suggest adding roads to match the main road that already exists, and connecting them together, to make the town look more uniform and make it easier to travel.
☑ Directions must be posted not only at the Town Center but also at other major intersections and gates as needed to facilitate fair town navigability.
Definitely more labels are needed, at the various builds you have, and also along the roads to tell people where to go to find things.

Overall, you are fairly close to town status. Roads and directions are your biggest needs, along with another commodity and some fun town attractions.
OfflineOffline
redstone_nub

Post by redstone_nub »

i did all i needed to do i fixt the roads and labled stuff and i allredey had a game by town hall :)
OfflineOffline
LissaLaine

Post by LissaLaine »

I noticed that you moved the portal, which is fine. Can I ask what happened to the town center? it seems you partially tore it down, but I don't see that it's moved anywhere. Can you fix this?

It looks like you've made the wool farm public, so your mob farm and wool farm would be the two commodities needed.
Food farms also need to be public if you're counting them towards the food requirements.

I am still not sure what besides the fountain would count as an amenity. maybe the area with your game could be decorated a bit more so that it stands out a bit.

You'll still need to be added to the NBZ, to light the land at least 25 blocks in each direction from your wall.

I did see that you added the roads, my only suggestion there is while it's lit, it's not enough to keep snow off the road which makes it hard to see. Not a requirement, per say, but it might help make it a bit more visible to players.
OfflineOffline
redstone_nub

Post by redstone_nub »

im done!!! can you look at it agen
OfflineOffline
LissaLaine

Post by LissaLaine »

Congratulations on your town! I'm very excited for you, you've worked hard over these last months. Have fun!
OfflineOffline