When you feel you have developed your village to the point where you want to apply for town, you will need to make an application thread in this forum. As we will have your details from your village application you only need to provide your village name, and any information you feel relevant to the application.
An Admin+ will review your application, usually within a few days, and either approve it or let you know what you need to work on. Once you've added or changed what you were asked to work on you may post again in the same application thread to have your village re-checked. (You do not need to wait between town applications, you may reapply as soon as you've finished your work, and you can reapply as many times as you need.)
• Attained Village Status
☑ You must already have Village to apply for Town.
☑ Village requirements must be being actively met.
☑ The mayor and at least 2 other founders must be active.
• Completed Town Quest (Available Very Soon)
☑ The Mayor and at least 1 other founder must have completed the town quest.
• Town Design
☑ Towns do not need to have a set theme, (although it can help,) but the town should be obviously unified and coordinated to some degree.
• Portal Location
☑ Portal location should include nearby, visible directions for arrivals
• Food Farms
☑ Must include at least 5 different food types: plant, animal or a combination.
☑ Must include at least 3 different types of crop, crop farms must be a minimum of a 20x20 block area equivalent.
☑ If animal farms are included in the food farms, they must be able to produce a reasonable amount of that food type for the size of the town.
☑ Must include at least 2 other type of farm. Examples include mob grinder, xp farm, wool farm, guardian farm, facilitated mining, etc.
☑ Must include at least 2 active and reasonably stocked shops selling at least a small variety of materials each.
☑ Must include at least 2 other town attractions. Examples include games, decorated parks, beachfront development, or things like bounce houses, pools, or unique, decent quality builds.
• Members & Plots
☑ Must have at least 5 members who have been active in the last 6 months.
☑ Must have at least 5 shop plots. This can include shop plots that are already filled, but there must be a minimum of 2 available shop plots to allow growth. (If you have 5 shop plots already filled, you will still need at least another 2 up for sale.)
☑ Must have at least 10 residential plots. This can include residential plots that are already filled, but there must be a minimum of 5 available residential plots for new members. (If you have 10 member plots already filled, you will still need at least another 5 up for sale.)
• Surrounding Area
☑ The surrounding area should be well lit to 25 blocks out to prevent most mob spawn and free of hazards.
• Layout and Ease of Movement
☑ Required builds should have main road or otherwise reasonable access.
☑ Directions must be posted not only at the Town Center but also at other major intersections and gates as needed to facilitate fair town navigability.
- A free portal from hub to one location in the town.
- One town biome adjustment, free of charge, excluding mushroom biome.
As of CV 6.0 towns can now design their own portal. The requirements are as follows:
- The interior of the portal in your town can be a maximum of 8x8x3
- The hub portal can be a maximum of 5x6(including floor)x3
- The portal frame can be made of any material, it does not need to be obsidian.
- The portal can be any shape you like.
- The portal must have a back wall.
- It should be obvious to players that it is a portal.
- You can choose up to three player heads of founders (including the mayor) to be part of the portal design.
Rules for Founders/Members
The following rules apply to Villages, Towns and Cities in relation to Founders and Members:
- A player may only be founder on a maximum of four settlements.
- A player may be mayor of only one settlement; this still counts as one of their founder slots.
- All founders and members must be unique players; alts are not accepted.