Woodhurst Town Vote

Mir07
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrEfzq ... tvwntXCPqA

Re: Woodhurst Town Vote

Post by Mir07 »

Congratz! :blue_heart: :green_heart: :heart: :orange_heart: :pink_heart: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart:
Joined CV 28/3/2015
Helper since 7/8/2022
Server Builder Since 03/12/2022
Mod since 5/6/2023
Smod since 9/12/2023
Griffindor
OfflineOffline
Mir07
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrEfzq ... tvwntXCPqA

Post by Mir07 »

WoW BNM That Town Is amazing!
Joined CV 28/3/2015
Helper since 7/8/2022
Server Builder Since 03/12/2022
Mod since 5/6/2023
Smod since 9/12/2023
Griffindor
OfflineOffline
FrankTheTank_9

Post by FrankTheTank_9 »

Congrats!
Insert stupid Dad Joke Here:
OfflineOffline
Monoshish

Post by Monoshish »

Here is the vote break down as it was requested a week ago. I completely forgot about it until today so I'm very sorry if anyone was anxiously waiting.
Congrats again!
Town Design

Town Design:
I think this is a very unique town. It has a Steampunk vibe to it, which comes through very clearly. I like the layout, even if it's mostly town builds. I think the overall design of being a mostly show-y town while having what is needed for village/town turned out good. If I were to suggest anything, it would be to have a bit less open space where the areas where the town builds are. Not saying that everything should be crammed in, or there should be more builds. I just think the spacing should be adjusted a little to have less open space.
8/10
All the builds fit in nicely with the steampunk theme and nothing looks out of place. The overall design and style of building is nice and pays attention to detail. My only concern is the amount of empty space with nothing but trees. Although it is nice in some ways and feels more natural, I might add something in or around the trees to make them look more attractive and less like it’s taking up extra space with nothing else there.
9/10
Builds are really nice and definitely unique. I like the airship a lot.
I like the use of carpet and glass rather than having to just put torches everywhere, it looks nicer and is clean.
I noticed that Officer MilkShake's Founder home is completely empty. This really should have been decorated.
I had a skeleton friend on top of the juice bar, might want to add lighting or carpet up there
8.5/10
I love the theme, and the amount of detail and time that went into everything is obvious. However, some of the landscape could be a bit better or more filled out.
9/10
Really good over all. I feel like there was a bit of wasted space though. There is a lot of forest, which isn't a terrible thing, I just think that space could've been used for some smaller scale builds to really pull the town together. I'm also not a big fan of the residential district. Twelve similar houses in a grid pattern with very little integration to the surrounding area is odd.
9.5/10
This has to be one of the best built themed towns that I have seen in recent years. There is just so much to look at and the build quality is top-notch. The airship and castle are both nice decorative builds, (with airship also being functional) with a lot to explore and potentially use in RP. That being said, there are a few spots that look unfinished; a gated off area of the castle, and the area below the crew quarters on the airship. I would also like to see access to the airship envelope and maybe the catwalks, just because those are such unique areas. I'm also a bit disappointed that the town's founder builds appear to be just decoration, and not functional homes. It just seems to detract from the town when the founders don't "live" there.
9.2/10
Woodhurst has a very cohesive theme, that put together with the quality of builds results in a really pretty looking town. I was really impressed with the builds here- They're all stunning and fit together very well.
10/10
I really like the steampunk theme of Woodhurst. Everything is done on a large scale with very nice detail. The builds were spread out quite a bit making for long pathways to each destination with really little interest along the way. I would have liked to have seen some smaller buildings along the path here and there, or something besides nature to give it a little bit of a boost.
9/10
Really good design, it feels like the town is pretty cohesive with the same theme running throughout. There are some very impressive builds dotted around.
10/10
Layout and Ease of Movement

Layout and Ease of Movement:
Relatively easy to get around, lots of signs to help you find your way. I did not have any trouble finding any of the things I was looking for.
I really like the houses, but I don't like how close together they are. It feels extremely cramped and you can not really see how well designed the houses are. A couple of minor lighting issues are here, around Moon's house, but can be easily fixed.
8/10
The layout is a little confusing, and I don't really like the fact that you can't go off the path most of the time, but the signs that are around are helpful. The pixel art on some buildings, like the iron farm, is also wonderful in my opinion.
8/10
I like the layout, and it's fairly easy to move about the town. The signs everywhere are quite helpful, and they are quite packed with information, which means that there aren't tons of signs everywhere. If I were to change anything, I would make the housing area a little less compact and/or squared off. Something to give it a bit more character.
8.5/10
The directional signs allow for players to move through the town fast and the different sections make it easy to get from place to place. The housing area is a bit cramped as there are many houses in one small area.
9/10
I found everything I was looking for easily enough. Everything is also well organized with the farms being in one corner, shopping in another, and residential in another. No complaints here.
10/10
The village is big enough to feel like a full build, and also small enough to make navigation fairly simple. A potential portal would put you right in the middle of everything, making it very easy to get to anything you could want to visit. The signs at each intersection are very helpful, and everything is organized together, making the signs easy to understand. Everything was done well here :)
To be completely honest, I thought that the barn was the town center until half way through this vote though. I would mark that personally, obviously not going to pull a point off for that though :P
10/10
The layout is pretty simple, with things primarily heading radially out from the town hall. This makes it very easy to find things when coming to the town, with plenty of signage, and the high traffic ammenities being placed close to the townhall. The drawback is that when you want to go between areas, you often have to head back to the center. Just the addition of some small paths in places would help with this minor complaint.
9/10
I was kind of frustrated trying to get around the place... As pretty as the amount of trees is, it does make navigation a bit tricky at times. The other thing I found is that the road being basically a really big circuit makes it take a pretty long time if you're trying to get to somewhere on the opposite side to where you are. I think what might make both of those easier is if you added some paths in the trees- They could be pretty subtle, but they might speed up the process a bit.
5/10
Everything is clearly labeled and easy to find by following the posted signs. You found creative ways (banners, pixel art, etc) of labeling the different builds, which is cool. To me it seemed like there were not enough marked paths though, specifically between builds on the edge of the village. Almost all the roads lead back to the town center, so I would find myself needing to travel back through the town center in order to follow the signs to a build 30 blocks away from my starting point. A few more roads (or even paths) connecting some of the outer builds would merit full points.
8.5/10
Commodities and Amenities

Commodities and Amenities:
This does have some of the nice additional farms, like XP and iron. However, this has been used quite a bit, and I think it would be nice to see something else, like mushrooms, or squids, or something else that doesn't exist in many other towns, but can be something useful. Slime is another thing that comes to mind, as an example.
6/10
At the Food Farms, I'm assuming the chests inside are for free food (ie automatic farms), but there is no signage of any type so it is unclear what the area inside the building is for. The tree farm is very small and seems like an after thought in comparison to the other farms. Not taking points off for this next one, but there are no signs or region messages stating how many animals to leave in the pens. Since it's a public farm, I can see this being a problem if people kill all the animals not knowing how many to leave.
8.5/10
XP and iron farm are a nice addition and efficient. There is a good and wide selection of crops.
10/10
Public iron farms are kinda hard to come by, so having one is a definite plus. The crop farms are fairly large and have a wide variety. The pigman farm is really efficient and the design is really neat!
10/10
All the basics for a good village including an iron and XP grinder. I also liked the addition of automatic sugar cane, melon, and pumpkin farms in the windmill. There is also a brewing floor with a small netherwart farm. Then the trading floor above that is massive. I'd honestly come here to do village trading. Having shulker box spots all over the town is a good addition too. Well thought out.
10/10
A nice variety of amenities that blend good functionality with attractive builds. The town hall is the first high point, and is clearly a refined version of the EoN town hall. Nice, well equipped workshops and a large selection of villagers for trading on the top floor. The town also includes nice iron and pigman XP farms. The crop farm is a nicely sized and landscaped manual farm, which I think is appropriate for the town. Of course, some excessively complicated automation could have also worked. There are automated farms for melms, pumpkins and cane, although the farms are hidden from view. Again, I think the automation could have been worked into the towns theme. The animal barn is nice, with a good selection and a fair number of animals without going over the mob cap.
9.8/10
A very wide variety of farms and other commodities are available. I love that they are all public and situated in the same general area. The farms are great, the villagers are great, the workshop is great, it's all great. Well done.
10/10
Pretty much all the commodities and amenities I could want are in this town. I could easily live here and never have to leave to get anything (which is tempting!).
10/10
There's enough farms to go around and they're pretty big. With the amount of houses in the residential area and the extra apartment kinds of things, it should be enough to give to the entire town. The auto farms for the pumpkins and such were good too. I like the apartments, it's a nice touch since the residential area is not too big itself. The mall had a good amount of marketshops too. But no other farm I haven't seen elsewhere.
7/10
There seems to be enough farmlands for the town. I like the fact that you have free chests of items to breed the animals back up with in their respective pens, and also the egg farm is a nice touch. The public iron and xp farms are nice. Having a villager trading center is always a good option for players to utulize. The smelting and brewing areas are good size so you could have more than one person using them at a time.
9.5/10
There's a good variety of resources here for players to collect, enough for the size of the town I think. I liked the villager trading post and the other crafting things above the town hall, though I'm not sure how many people will notice they're there? It's a nice touch on top of the usual crops/animal/pigman farms.
9/10
Sustainability

Sustainability:
The farms have a nice variety, and a nice amount of all the different types. Also, a nice amount of shop plots/stalls.
10/10
Plenty of Crops and Animals for the town. You have a nice variety of food and animals. The Mall seems like it would hold enough shops to sustain the town, once sold.
10/10
The Mall is nice and big but currently it's pretty empty. Obviously part of getting town status is to grow the shopping districts but I would've liked to see more than just one shop that sells only stained glass. Even if it was a shop run by the founders of the town. I also think at least a few shop plots outside of the mall would've been nice. Put some of that unused forest space to good use. There are actually no plots available for players at all. I know that's to conserve the town's aesthetic but with as much open space as there is, the town could use a few open plots.
8.5/10
There's a good amount of resources provided by the village, but shopping seems to be a current problem. There only appears to be a single shop already setup in the village, and all it sells is colored glass, a block that isn't really part of the village's block palette. Obviously most of the shopping on the server happens in CVC, but if there's not anybody selling anything in the village, there's not as many reasons to visit all of a sudden.
There's plenty of empty space in and around the village that could be expanded into if it grows out of control, making it much easier to sell plots to everyone that wants one.
8.5/10
The mall has plenty of empty shop plots for the members. There are enough crops and animals in the farms for the members.
10/10
There are plenty of homes, shops, and farm materials to allow for growth. It's unfortunate that the mall doesn't have a lot of activity, but I don't see this as a huge problem since most shopping takes place in cvc anyways. That being said, I do think some founder-run shops would have been a nice addition: something that sells stuff specific to the village's block pallet and theme to make up for the lack of player shops around.
9.5/10
There's a pretty large community already living here it seems, with room for new additions. I liked the size of the farms- It's nice and big, and accomodates the size of the town nicely I think. There's enough variety in the farms available that I don't think that players would have to go to other towns for their needs very often.
The only thing really negative here I noticed was that the mall really doesn't seem very used... There was only one shop there that I could find.
9/10
I think the plots are enough? From a glance, the residential area looks very small but there are enough plots to satisfy maybe a dozen more residents. And the apartments are nice, if you ever run out of space. There's a decent amount of mall marketshops, so I think you're fine there. But, if theoretically you were to run out of plots, there isn't much place to expand to which isn't a problem, but something to think about.
8.5/10
While there are a good number of residential plots, and they look nice, I question how many people will want to have their homes premade as the only option. Also, there are quite a few shops plots in the mall, but it seems a little out of the way if I am being honest, kind of like it was an afterthought.
7.5/10
I was really disappointed that there weren't any shops active in the mall. I know there are apartments in the airship, but I would have liked to see more options for houses. I currently only see 12 houses total and some of them are already occupied.
8.5/10
The town relies entirely on pre-made builds for residences, in order to maintain the town theme. The available houses are quite nice with a decent amount of space in a small footprint. The airship cabins are not as spacious as the houses, but are respectable. The town shopping mall is a nice design, but as far as the available space, it could have been managed with a single floor. I don't think there is any way that the mall can be filled with shops, and would like to see some of the space converted to other purposes.
9.5/10
Surrounding Area
Surrounding Area:
Clean. Lit up nicely. Like the NBZ border markings, as they are simple, yet effective.
5/5
There's not much, but it's fully lit and the markers on the edge of the NBZ are helpful.
4/5
The surrounding area is naturally landscaped, with buried lighting added to control mobs. Kudos on the amount of work needed to place all those glowstone, but I did find 2 blocks that were at a 7 light level.
4.98/5
Surrounding area is neat and lit but there’s nothing else other than the natural landscape. Although the NBZ markers were a nice touch.
4/5
Looks great! I appreciate how the builds integrate well into the natural swamp and landscape surrounding the area.
5/5
The surrounding area is mostly ocean or world border, and the sections that aren't are lit up and lava pit/death drop free. Great job!
5/5
Is lit up and clean, mostly just plain, but it does the job. I like that the nbz edges are marked out.
4.5/5
Blends well with the village theme, well lit, no natural player traps. Well done
5/5
A large portion of the surrounding area is bordered by ocean and the world border so there isn't much to do there. There is also a neatly marked outer border which is nice.
5/5
Lit up and neat. Simple, but it does the job.
5/5
Pretty well lit and seems mostly untouched. I would have liked to see more effort gone into adding paths, decorations, *something* out here.. Maybe I missed something but all the modifications seem to have just been for lighting.
3.5/5
Town Wall
Town Wall:
Town wall and buoys look nice and materials fit the theme of the town.
5/5
Matches the town theme, effective at keeping mobs out, and for the water parts, also matches the town theme and the on-land wall.
5/5
Nice combination of wall, water and world border. Like the rest of the town, just a nice pleasing design.
5/5
looks nice and is well lit.
5/5
The wall is detailed and lit, and the buoys and design of the wall fit with the theme nicely.
5/5
The town wall has a nice design but I would've liked to see more of the wall itself. The floating lights are good for open ocean but the small gaps over rivers or small sections of water seems unnecessary and doesn't look as good.
4.5/5
The town wall and buoys are nice. It seems in some places that it would be more aesthetically pleasing to have extended the wall rather than stop it because of one small section of shallow water, it ends up looking a bit broken up and odd. But it does its job, the place is mob proof and the wall looks nice. If the wall was a bit more joined up with maybe some kind of sluice gate design over the smaller bodies of water, it would have been 5/5.
4.5/5
The wall is pretty and fits in with the theme of the rest of the town, while also keeping out mobs. One thing I noticed that I'm not a huge fan of is there doesn't seem to be really anywhere that you're intended to enter the town from; The town's pretty remote so I guess there wouldn't be very many people who are traveling there on foot, but it's kind of immersion breaking.
4/5
The town wall is fitting to the theme and the buoys cover the town, showing where the town starts and ends. Did not find a gate though, the buoy entrances should be fine.
5/5
The town wall is pretty elaborate and impressive, but the buoys are kind of disappointing in comparison to the walls. Also, I understand there is some difficulty with the water to land ratio around the town, but it just seems odd that the wall is separated into 13 individual sections of wall.
3.5/5
The wall design is nice, but I am not big on the broken parts over the smaller bits of water, to me it makes it feel a little unfinished. The bouys are nice.
Detailed, lit up, and clean. The buoys are good too, can't see any problems here.
5/5
I wish there was a bit more wall going around the village, repeating the pattern once more into the water for example. The wall ties the whole village together very nicely, and the buoys feel like a natural progression of the wall.
5/5
Joined Cubeville April 17, 2015
Promoted to Mod May 18, 2016
Promoted to Smod November 2, 2017
Promoted to Admin May 17, 2020
OfflineOffline
BandNerdMama

Post by BandNerdMama »

Thank you Mono! Now we can improve for the next time :)

Cubeville member since July 21, 2016
Promoted to Moderator on September 3, 2017
Promoted to Senior Moderator on June 10, 2018
Promoted to Administrator on June 11, 2023
OfflineOffline