are elytras generated in end cities?

Got a question about Cubeville or Minecraft? Ask it here and who knows, you might get an answer!
SergeantEagle

are elytras generated in end cities?

Post by SergeantEagle »

I am asking this since I have been to several end cities, and most of them seemed to be... unexplored. I had an expendable elytra and got to one of the ship right away, the dragon head still in sight. I ventured in, looking for some loot, like the potions and in the chests. The loot that I mentioned were all in place, as if they weren't even touched. I gathered the loot in my inventory, and moved to the shulker that was in the position to guard the elytra. I quickly killed the shulker, now sprinting to the elytra, the main purpose I was here to get just one elytra to make traveling easier. Now, enough talking. The main problem was the fact that the item frame that was supposed to have an elytra was surprisingly, empty. I thought that someone wanted to get the elytra as fast as possible, like in the elytra hunt. But if one of the contestants had time to spare, they would've gotten the dragon head and the potions right away. I ignored this and came upon another city, which had an end ship, which looked the same as the one before. Dragon head in place, potions normal, chests filled in with diamonds, a shulker, but no elytra. By this time, I was a little confused, but my game time limit had reached the limit, so it was time to stop. However, in the next day, I explored more with my expendable elytra in the end, but a lot of the same looking end cities. By the time my elytra was broken, I had explored about 6 cities with ships, none of them having an elytra, but still having the other loot. Is this a bug, or possibly was someone else? I would like to know.
Last edited by SergeantEagle on Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
“Sir yes sir!”
OfflineOffline
SergeantEagle

Re: are elytras generated in end cities?

Post by SergeantEagle »

wait the elytra hunt was in the overworld
“Sir yes sir!”
OfflineOffline
SergeantEagle

Post by SergeantEagle »

(I'm not saying this because I lost the elytra raffle guys, when I thought about why I lost in the raffle, I came upon this idea)
“Sir yes sir!”
OfflineOffline
BandNerdMama

Post by BandNerdMama »

epichsus wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:24 am By the time my elytra was broken, I had explored about 6 cities with ships, none of them having an elytra, but still having the other loot. Is this a bug, or possibly was someone else? I would like to know.
So *MOST* of the elytras have been removed. There might be one or two available when the end regens. End regeneration is randomly done at reboot (not scheduled). If you want a free elytra keep your eyes peeled and check the end daily. Good luck!

Cubeville member since July 21, 2016
Promoted to Moderator on September 3, 2017
Promoted to Senior Moderator on June 10, 2018
Promoted to Administrator on June 11, 2023
OfflineOffline
SergeantEagle

Post by SergeantEagle »

oof my expendable elytra broke gotta get a new one
“Sir yes sir!”
OfflineOffline