Slime spawning?

Got a question about Cubeville or Minecraft? Ask it here and who knows, you might get an answer!
jballou

Slime spawning?

Post by jballou »

Hey all, I've been trying to set up a slime farm for the past week or so, and I'm going bonkers.

Since we don't have the seed, I have cleared an area at y=11 which is about 8x8 chunks, and still I am not getting any slimes spawning.

Part of it is under my claimed region, some is in the global area, and I have killed off most of my livestock and every hostile mob I can find.

Is there a reason I am not getting any green bois spawning here, statistically at least one of these chunks should be valid, and I have no idea what to do.

Thanks!
OfflineOffline
Tisjstme

Re: Slime spawning?

Post by Tisjstme »

I know this is a bit late for a reply but I don't go to forums often.

I would suggest making sure that you dig out at least 5 to 7 up, on your level 11 area.
Seeing you have killed off most of your mobs in the area, you shouldn't have any problems.
I find that slimes seem to spawn a bit of a distance away from me. So standing in a corner and waiting for a bit might work.. but also change what corner you stand in will give you more chances.
If you need free slime I have lots I could give you, or you could just go to CoralKay (cords -4000 +1600 and go down in the mines and up the steps of the beacon. You will find lots in there.
OfflineOffline
SamTheAllay5585

Re: Slime spawning?

Post by SamTheAllay5585 »

I told the slimes not to go there because i didnt want them to die
They are family
I exist [] mayor of medeville [] 14-5-22-5-13 7-15-19-19-1 7-9-22-5- 25-15-21 15-16 []
OfflineOffline