“Ghosts” on the server? Or have I been hacked? Mysterious happenings…

Got a question about Cubeville or Minecraft? Ask it here and who knows, you might get an answer!
SuperGondal

“Ghosts” on the server? Or have I been hacked? Mysterious happenings…

Post by SuperGondal »

Hi CubeVilleans!

A few weird little things have happened to us in the server. First off we got a five minute ban for griefing pumpkin stems at one of the towns’ farms. I cannot recall visiting that place nor would I break the stems. My son, who is six, could possibly have done it accidentally but he can’t recall either. That alone could still be explained by six year old memory but when I finally managed to log in today after a few days, I found a diamond pickaxe I created last time and had put in a chest, to be missing. It wasn’t in our inventory either and we didn’t die. Now on to the “ghosts”. While shopping in downtown I was suddenly lifted up in the air and flew for a few moments. I couldn’t see any player or
contraption that could have caused it so I’m a bit baffled :?
Sorry for the long story and thanks for reading. We are relatively new to the server and are still finding our way around, so maybe what happened is just business as usual :)

Cheers from Australia

ETA: my two iron golems have also disappeared :(
SuperGondal ~ a mother & son shared Minecraft account :bee: ;)
OfflineOffline
LissaLaine

Re: “Ghosts” on the server? Or have I been hacked? Mysterious happenings…

Post by LissaLaine »

Hello there,
I issued the temp ban and off the top of my head, I can’t recall how many days ago it had been. It was the majority of a fairly large farm. It was just a warning so nothing major. A warning temp is because the player is not in game to be spoken with when the issue is reported.
As far as the pickaxe goes, if you’re on when a staff with a pink blue or red name is on, if you show us which chest it went into, we can tell you who removed it.
And last, your ghost sounds like an invisible staff with a levitation toy. It happens! but if it bothers you, you can tell them to stop, and they will :)
We can also check to see what happened with the golems, just let us know in game where to look :)
OfflineOffline
zilkerpark

Post by zilkerpark »

I’ve had the flying effect happen to me as well while in my base that is cut off from everyone. Someone could have ender pearled in and been invisible and thrown a potion at me but that seems like such a random thing to happen. I forgot to try local chat to see if anyone was actually there. Try to do that if it happens next time. You should see your chat talking to someone even if they’re invisible. I figured it was a moderator playing around. Nothing was taken, none of my Golems died, and I didn’t have a weird accusation against me like you did, so not sure what happened with you. Good luck finding your stuff!

Zilkerpark
OfflineOffline
SuperGondal

Post by SuperGondal »

Thanks Lissa & Zilkerpark.

I’ll do a modreq about the pickaxe and the golems (if I still can’t find them) when I’m on next.

I have talked to my son about being very careful in the server, especially the survival world. He loves to try out the narrator’s reaction “Hey! Sorry, but you can’t break that block here!” It has become a household trope now, when he does something I don’t like I say “Hey! Sorry, but you can’t [insert action] here!” :lol:

The levitation toy is funny… Next time I know how to figure out who the ghost is 8-)

Cheers!
OfflineOffline
SuperGondal

Post by SuperGondal »

Oh goodness… this saga hasn’t finished yet! I lost two of my healing potions and all my blaze powder too. I had a whole bunch of it after I bought and ground up a few blaze rods. I needed it for brewing :(
OfflineOffline
BandNerdMama

Post by BandNerdMama »

zilkerpark wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:05 pm I’ve had the flying effect happen to me as well while in my base that is cut off from everyone. Someone could have ender pearled in and been invisible and thrown a potion at me but that seems like such a random thing to happen. I forgot to try local chat to see if anyone was actually there. Try to do that if it happens next time.

Zilkerpark
As one who has occasionally pranked players (but I really don't very often, so it wasn't me...I can guess who it was though :P) staffers with pink, blue, or red names can tp to players easily and use our staff toys to troll. If we're not visible local chat won't help - it'll still look like nobody else is there :) Guess you were lucky to be picked :P

Cubeville member since July 21, 2016
Promoted to Moderator on September 3, 2017
Promoted to Senior Moderator on June 10, 2018
Promoted to Administrator on June 11, 2023
OfflineOffline
Wethecreature

Post by Wethecreature »

So, I'd like to add to your latest message @SuperGondal, perhaps your computer has been having lag, like mine, sometimes items don't appear, or things like that. :(
OfflineOffline