Citizen's Union HQ Build Battle

Let people know about any events you've got coming up
WeatherCats
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp2_3j ... vqihQbu-Sg

Citizen's Union HQ Build Battle

Post by WeatherCats »

Citizen’s Union Build Battle!

As you have probably heard, there have been meetings for something called the Citizen’s Union, which is a group of players coming together to come up with ideas for citizens and the server to do. You have likely seen some of our ideas on the wishlist, although some ideas are also dished out between us.

Well, we have been using the attic of the Arcadia town hall for the last month or so. While great (Arcadia did a fantastic job decorating up there), it really isn’t a full-on Citizen’s Union HQ. And so, we want to make a new HQ, and that’s where you come in!

We are hosting a build battle to design the new Citizen’s Union Headquarters! The winner will have their build made as the new CU HQ! I will go into the specifics of the rules now.

RULES:
- Anyone can participate!
- All builds must be original; please don’t steal from others on or off CV!
- You will build in the creative world. As this is not an official event, we don’t have other plots to make this work on. The build can be as large as you want, as long as it is on your creative world plot. If there are other builds on your plot, please mark out which build is for this build battle in some way. Even though this takes place in the creative world, please don't use creative-only blocks, for obvious reasons.
- Please follow all CV rules, including creative world rules.
- You will be able to work in teams of 1-4. However, you will only be allowed to be part of one team. We will split the cube prize over however many people were in your team.
- You will have to message me on discord, on the forums, or in game to inform me you are participating before the build phase deadline. In this message you will have to include all members of your team, and I will check with your teammates that they are indeed participating.
- Once the building phase of the build battle ends at November 21, 2020 3:00PM Eastern, you will not be allowed to continue working on the build. If you do, you may be disqualified.
- Once the building phase ends, we will move onto a 1 week voting stage where any player can vote on their 3 favorite builds, ranked in order. We will give points to builds based on their rankings (3 for #1, 2 for #2, 1 for #3). In order to vote, you will message me on discord, on the forums, or in game.

PRIZES:
1st Place: 1,500c and their build made as the CU HQ
2nd Place: 750c
3rd Place: 500c

SCHEDULE:
Build Phase Starts: October 31, 2020 5:00PM Eastern
Build Phase Ends & Voting Phase Starts: November 21, 2020 3:00PM Eastern
Voting Phase Ends: November 28, 2020 12:00PM Eastern
Results Revealed: November 28, 2020 3:00PM Eastern (The CU Committee Meeting)

PARTICIPANTS: (Plot name followed by participants, (U) indicates I haven't confirmed with that player that they are part of that team. Following that is the location of the builds on their plot.)
- IceBearOsa (IcyNub) (The wooden/cobble/wool building near the spawn of the plot)
- This_Ally (Elfy_Ally) (Top floor of plot, has a CU in front of building. Lift sign included near spawn to “Art World”, that is the level)
- Chaozilla (Chaozilla, WeatherCats, SlenderFirebolt) (The building with CU in front of it)
- Fireheads (fireheads, Agentblack888, Frankthetank_9) (The building with CU in front of it)
- MCG8 (MCG8, Willow_treez, Frana_Banana) (The building with CU in front of it)
- breadsticker (breadsticker) (2nd floor of plot. Lift sign at plot spawn)
- Captain_Dog27 (Turkey_Dog27) (The building with CU in front of it)
Last edited by WeatherCats on Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 9 times in total.
June 17, 2015 - Joined Cubeville
August 22, 2020 - Became Vice President of the Citizen's Union
March 13, 2021 - Promoted to moderator
September 19, 2021 - Promoted to senior moderator
June 11, 2023 - Promoted to administrator

CV5 - Mayor of Weatherville
CV6 - One of the mayors of Domeville
OfflineOffline
Fireheads

Re: Citizen's Union HQ Build Battle

Post by Fireheads »

Literally like 8 people are viewing this right now... um I would DEFINITLEY want to participate!! I will make a edit if I have a team!
Joined CV September 18th 2020 and loves this server and never wants to leave
:green_heart: :heart: :orange_heart: :pink_heart: :purple_heart: :blue_heart: :yellow_heart: :cv:
OfflineOffline
FrankTheTank_9

Post by FrankTheTank_9 »

Hey, Weather. Just wanted to ask you something. Are you gonna transfer the winners' build onto a CVC plot or just use the creative world? Just wanted to know.
Insert stupid Dad Joke Here:
OfflineOffline
WeatherCats

Post by WeatherCats »

The goal is to move the winning build to a spot (assuming any spots are free) in the survival, with the hopes of getting it landmark status and a portal. It wouldn't go on a CVC plot, so feel free to build as big as you can (as long as we can find a spot on the map)

OfflineOffline
Fireheads

Post by Fireheads »

How are you going to re create it?
:green_heart: :heart: :orange_heart: :pink_heart: :purple_heart: :blue_heart: :yellow_heart: :cv:
OfflineOffline
WeatherCats

Post by WeatherCats »

We would likely take a schematic of the build using Schematica.

OfflineOffline
Fireheads

Post by Fireheads »

Does the CU have colors that represent them?
OfflineOffline
WeatherCats

Post by WeatherCats »

As settled last CU meeting, our color scheme should be the same as CV's (blue, black, and red). Another thing decided last meeting is that when we are done with the HQ competition, the winning HQ will actually be put on a plot owned by CU_Bank instead of into the survival. Essentially, if the HQ being in the creative world changes any of your plans, here is your info that it will be there. Sorry this update took a few days to post.

OfflineOffline
WeatherCats

Post by WeatherCats »

The build phase has ended! Due to the limitations of working in the creative world I can’t make you stop building… but I will be checking. That being said, if you open doors after this time feel free, as it is worth reminding everyone that doors are locked to the public in the creative world, so if you have rooms/builds you want people to actually look inside, open those doors.

So, now we move on to the voting phase. Anybody can vote, however there are some rules to be followed regarding the voting.
- When voting, you will pick your top three favorite builds that aren’t by your team. Send your votes to me via discord message, forum message, or in-game message. Please try to vote fairly and honestly.
- Similarly to how the CU has handled other votes, points will be given based on where in the ranking a team is in each player’s vote; 3 points for 1st, 2 points for 2nd, 1 point for 3rd. The team with the highest amount of points will win.
- In the event of ties, the CU committee will tiebreak, although without any of the players involved in the tie voting. (I am open to a different way of tiebreaking if this one is problematic, but it seems fair to me that the committee would have a say).

List of Teams: (First section of each team is the plot name so you can /home <plot name>, second section is the team members, third section is specifics of where the build is on the plot)
- IceBearOsa (IcyNub) (The wooden/cobble/wool building near the spawn of the plot)
- This_Ally (Elfy_Ally) (Top floor of plot, has a CU in front of building. Lift sign included near spawn to “Art World”, that is the level)
- Chaozilla (Chaozilla, WeatherCats, SlenderFirebolt) (The building with CU in front of it)
- Fireheads (fireheads, Agentblack888, Frankthetank_9) (The building with CU in front of it)
- MCG8 (MCG8, Willow_treez, Frana_Banana) (The building with CU in front of it)
- breadsticker (breadsticker) (2nd floor of plot. Lift sign at plot spawn)
- Captain_Dog27 (Turkey_Dog27) (The building with CU in front of it)

Voting will end November 28, 2020 12:00PM Eastern and the results will be revealed later that day at the Citizen’s Union Committee meeting, so if you wish to stop by to be there when the vote results are revealed (and watch the rest of the meeting), join us on November 28, 2020 3:00PM Eastern.

OfflineOffline
This_Ally
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIpVr ... UvlvVQ?vie

Post by This_Ally »

aye if u guys dont have a clue where mine is just ask me in game lol it is the only thing on top floor of the plot XD
-THIS_ALLY :cv:
non-binary/all prounous 8-)
#ridefortiggy:yellow_heart:
OfflineOffline