Mods and getting the most out of Minecraft!

Anything non-minecraft related goes here
Noranagoyaka

Mods and getting the most out of Minecraft!

Post by Noranagoyaka »

Hi, I really like mods. I think they really enable one to get the most out of Minecraft, in terms of both enjoyment and experience. They can help breathe new life into Minecraft every once in a while, and reignite one's love and passion for the game. Therefore, I have accumulated a list of the mods that I most like, along with a short description and the appropriate links, if you too would like to try any of them out. :octoface_smile:

I have sorted them into a few different categories, depending on what they do. My personal favourite category is the 'ambience'-category, due to the immersive quality it provides. The mods in this list are all based on Fabric, as that is what I use, though many are available for Forge also. Some have alternatives, and even some which provide better quality or better experiences, IMO, for a few things. Generally, however, I find that the possible combination and amount of mods that are to be found on Fabric are greater. Especially client-side mods, which are required, if you want to enjoy them on CubeVille! :heart:

For everyone · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
Even without altering the 'vanilla' Minecraft experience, some mods vastly improve the performance and playability of Minecraft on servers. These I would recommend for everyone, especially if you are not much into altering the 'vanilla' feeling of the game :
► Show Spoiler

Some prerequisites · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
Before getting into the categories, it is worth noting that some mods require others in order to work. These mods don't necessarily alter anything, but enables others to do so more effectively or even at all. The mods in this list will require the following :

Ambience · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
My personal favourite of all the categories. Ambience mods create so much, by changing so little. In my experience, they primarily tend to focus on sound. Birds chirping, wind howling, caves echoing the growl of zombies, music and alike. The ambience really makes a huge change to the atmosphere of the Minecraft universe :
► Show Spoiler

Character immersion· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
Being the primary interface between you and the world of Minecraft, one's character is especially important for immersional value. Changing how your character looks, 'feel', move and interact with the world around them can allow one to develop an even deeper connection with one's character. I have, therefore, included a few mods which do that :
► Show Spoiler

Game immersion· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
Making the world feel more alive visually can make it feel quite different, even with small changes. Making trees drop leaves or look more lush and alive, torches and lanterns giving off light when you hold them in your hand, or little fireflies flying around can really create a nice ambience and help you get more immersed :
► Show Spoiler

Utility · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
Every now and then, one wishes Minecraft had that one quality-of-life feature, which would make just some tasks a bit easier or the interface just a little more clear or fuller of information for the user. I have included quite a few smaller ones :
► Show Spoiler

Visual · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
Visiual mods are like the cherry on top, changing just the smallest of things, which can be really fun, when noticing them while playing :
► Show Spoiler

Shaders · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
When installing shaders on Fabric-clients, really there is one way to go. Iris Shaders. Iris Shaders is snappy and allows for a variety of shaderpacks to be used on Fabric. You can change many shaderpacks to your heart's desire. Personally, I like to use :
► Show Spoiler

Niceties· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
Finally I have a few mods, which are a bit out of the other categories but are really nice to have. These can help the enjoyment of the game as well and aid one in solving tasks in-game :
► Show Spoiler

Do you like mods? Which ones do you use? Please share! :heart: :octoface_happy:

NB: Please note that all of the descriptions are based on my understanding of how these mods work and are not necessarily accurate. Please do read the authors' pages for more information and detail about their mods! :heart:

Thank you for reading.
~ Nora
OfflineOffline
Noranagoyaka

Re: Mods and getting the most out of Minecraft!

Post by Noranagoyaka »

This is what my Minecraft looks like with all the mods active on CubeVille BTW, for anyone interested :octoface_smile: :heart:
- From the North Skyway

(You can click to expand)

With Farsight and Bobby, I am able to have the Render Distance set to 64 chunks, meaning the farthest blocks in the images are about a thousand(!) blocks away :octoface_happy:

~ Nora
OfflineOffline