why i (temporarily) quit CV

Anything non-minecraft related goes here
SergeantEagle

why i (temporarily) quit CV

Post by SergeantEagle »

Hello fellow hmm... what was it called? Oh right. Nubs. Anyway, I've been out for a rather long time (like at least 4 months since i played for at least 1 minute) and I just want to make stuff clear of why I'm out. I mean I don't think you guys care about me anymore lol

So first, I was just tired. You know, when you get tired of something even though you enjoyed it, stuff like that, which happens normally. This just happened to CV.

Second, my choices were pretty bad in CV. I built some trash houses, made a terrible shop and stuff, and overall didn't do stuff very well. (i also spent my entire life savings to make a village that never went up) so, I think i'll make a brief return once there's a full map reset or even in the rift.

Third, and final is the power balance in the server itself. I don't mind the staff and stuff, but I think there's certain non-staff players which have too much influence over the server, ranging from money and being in the CU. (ngl a good example is lime tryna not be offensive here) This power balance really started to have an effect, since certain people had mass amounts of money and others were stuck with essentially nothing. The people with the money could build huge stuff, invest massive amounts of money into a lot of different builds, therefore taking a lot of the stock from the shops. Also, alts are a problem as well since people with alts for themselves can basically use it as a bank or a way to get extra profit. So the ones with the real money kinda wins. Also, this argument may be pretty bad, but I didn't even mention the CU yet. So one time, there was a president of CU election thing. At first, I joined but I lost in the first round. Guess who won? Lime. Next time, I kinda wanted to be part of the CU. Who won next? Yes, Lime. Again and again, the same people hogged the president title because they had a huge budget and influence. (Mir07, Lime, etc.) Basically what I'm saying here is part of my reason for leaving is the power balance, which basically discouraged to do anything. This argument is kinda bad i think, since I really don't remember CV that well. But I do rememmber the key ideas, and just go ahead and critisize me all i want.

well i think ill play again in the map reset
“Sir yes sir!”
OfflineOffline
BandNerdMama

Re: why i (temporarily) quit CV

Post by BandNerdMama »

We're always sorry to see someone leave the server, regardless the reasons. Best of luck in your new adventures!

Cubeville member since July 21, 2016
Promoted to Moderator on September 3, 2017
Promoted to Senior Moderator on June 10, 2018
Promoted to Administrator on June 11, 2023
OfflineOffline
Mir07
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrEfzq ... tvwntXCPqA

Post by Mir07 »

Hey Eagle!
I am sorry that you are leaving CV. I have to say, that talking about me, I don't have a massive amount of money, or influence on other people besides the CU organization. I invite you to collaborate on the CU as a member if you are interested, everybody is invited to our meetings and we could perfectly discuss your issue and send a more elaborated message to staff talking about the power diferencess you are mentioning there. Talking about the fact that I have more power than normal citizens.. it might be right and not right depending on how you see it! I spend lots of hours socializing on the server and now Im known, but I don't have any power on them, they are just friends of mine! Idk about lime as he has an empire, but that's not my case.

-Looking forward to seeing you back to Cubeville and finding stuff to do a with everyone you want to work with, participate and have fun! Let me know if you want to join the CU organization and I'll send you a discord invite to our server, so you can help us out in everything you want ;)
Joined CV 28/3/2015
Helper since 7/8/2022
Server Builder Since 03/12/2022
Mod since 5/6/2023
Smod since 9/12/2023
Griffindor
OfflineOffline
Lime
Youtube: UC1nrD5W2Jcc84sxE1E2CjiA

Post by Lime »

First of all, I'd like to wish you luck for the future

Secondly, I do apologise if I have ever given the wrong impression or anything like that - Let me just clarify, me winning the elections was not something I chose or anything like that - I am not someone who personally craves power; I hope it is understood that the CU is not meant to be there as a big group of people with more power than others - the CU is simply an organisation to represent our citizens. I hope this clears up any misconceptions you may have had about me or the CU ^.^
OfflineOffline