CV writing club

Any creative writing projects you're working on go here
SergeantEagle

Re: CV writing club

Post by SergeantEagle »

sorry ppl I was in hawaii and had to do stuff so i couldnt come up with anything Ima write now
“Sir yes sir!”
OfflineOffline
RedStarling

Post by RedStarling »

I've been wanting to get back into writing, this is perfect! I'd love to partake as well :)
Spoiler
Temporary Luminescence

Take in the stained-glass, chartreuse and amber
rays fracturing off jean-polished oak pews
to pierce into the squinting eyes of parishioners
who look askew during summer Mass.

Where the vaulted ceiling sits on beams,
a scaffolding is reminiscent of the Sistine Chapel’s
painting in progress, supporting Michael, an angel—
O, to have unwavering faith in our construction!

Father John clasps the hands of those who walk past,
smile lines deep in his aging face
from a lifetime of watching children grow
and families leave, memories in tow.

Dress shoes wear down marble,
and echoes fill the cathedral in grey purgatory
as grievers anxiously wait for more faces.
The apse portrays mocking cherubs and ethereal clouds.

Young doves dive from their nest, speckled light
illuminating the domus Dei.
The angels evaluate, descrying hypocrisy
as churchgoers fail to attend the priest’s funeral.

Particles of dust are suspended in stale August air.
I uncrumple a paper ball
from the floor to reveal an angel—
crudely-drawn, with open-palm wings.
8-6-2022 | 11-27-2022
OfflineOffline
SergeantEagle

Post by SergeantEagle »

So I’m good at writing stories of fighter jets, space/naval battles, etc, but I am going to do my best on a summer story based on today’s day in Hawaii.

As the boat came by to the reef, I was really scared. My friend had invited me to vacation in Hawaii, and I knew that we were going snorkeling. Unfortunately, It had been 3 whole years since I last swam, and worst of all, I heard that the infamous BOX JELLYFISH might be living here in this reef. I didn’t know if the rumor was true or not, but I had a bet with my friend Tim that if I didn’t see a jellyfish he gets $50 and if I ever see a jellyfish he would give me $50. I decided to go for an attempt for it.

The boat was on the location and the captain stared at me to jump after Tim had went straight into the gleaming water. I got my snorkeling gear on and decided to jump into the water with extreme fear. After a huge splash, Tim yelled at me, “Good job, Mike! Now do you want to know how to float?” “No, I yelled knowing it was a joke. I knew how to swim but didn’t do it in action. I dived into the depths, and there I saw it. A huge, colorful paradise full of fish and other living things. No wonder why snorkeling was so popular! I went on the surface of the water again and yelled at Tim who had also went up to make a joke at me for being a coward, “Hey, Snorkeling isn’t so bad!” Tim yelled back, “Oh, how much you were a coward.” I decided to dive back into the reef. But this time after 10 seconds of swimming, I saw something looking like a plastic bag lying around. I tried to take it to put it in the garbage but just milliseconds before contact with the thing, I knew that it was a box jellyfish. Before I tried to pull my hand back, I already had got stung. (Fun fact I didn’t get stung by a jellyfish I went snorkeling) Oh, how much it stung! I went back to the surface and yelled to Tim, I got stung by a box jellyfish!” He swam to me at super speed and carried me onto the boat. That’s where I got unconscious.

I was at a hospital, lying on a bed. Tim was sitting next to me, and explained how I got here and what the glorious doctors did to sustain my blah blah blah. Though I was glad of surviving, I wanted to get the 50 bucks on that bet. I casually said to him sitting up, “Can I have my 50 bucks on the bet?”
“Sir yes sir!”
OfflineOffline
REDRATH
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzYZNP ... E31g5Q?vie

Post by REDRATH »

ok so i forgot to post the topic since i was on vacation so here is a new topic. you will have till the 27th. the topic is extreme sports. enjoy. :)
youtuber
Christian
idk

OfflineOffline
Xcellll

Post by Xcellll »

Haha new sport go brr-
This is set in minecraft, if you couldn't tell.
► Show Spoiler
ꖌ╎ℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ || ᔑリ↸ ᒷ╎ℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ || ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᓭℸ ̣ 𝙹∷|| ꖌᒷᒷ!¡ᒷ∷ᓭ
ᔑꖎ!¡⍑ᔑʖᒷℸ ̣ ᔑ ╎ᓭ ⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ
OfflineOffline