CV7: Server Cities and Drops

Official server news is posted here.
saemai

Re: CV7: Cities & Drops

Post by saemai »

Tisjstme wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:03 pm With the shop build height lowered I am wondering if we should not do speciality stores, or will mega marts be ok due to bigger plots.
I'm afraid making plots bigger would defeat the purpose of lowering the build height limit to reduce lag. :/ Imo it would be better to plan for specialty shops in CVC. If a player is interested in having a bigger plot and less restrictions, then I think player towns are the way to go. The CVCs will be accessed by portal rather than by command as well, so it won't really be any harder for people to get to player towns than it is to get to the CVCs.
OfflineOffline
Lime
Youtube: UC1nrD5W2Jcc84sxE1E2CjiA

Post by Lime »

I definitely think this will be great to even further bridge the gap between player town economy and CVC economy. I think towns will be a more viable option than ever before - counting on past data they will likely have lower prices than CVC plots - btw will the prices change at all for CVC plots or will they stay in similar margins?
OfflineOffline
bahamabucks

Post by bahamabucks »

saemai wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:23 pm
Tisjstme wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:03 pm With the shop build height lowered I am wondering if we should not do speciality stores, or will mega marts be ok due to bigger plots.
I'm afraid making plots bigger would defeat the purpose of lowering the build height limit to reduce lag. :/ Imo it would be better to plan for specialty shops in CVC. If a player is interested in having a bigger plot and less restrictions, then I think player towns are the way to go. The CVCs will be accessed by portal rather than by command as well, so it won't really be any harder for people to get to player towns than it is to get to the CVCs.
What is the height limit for shop plots?
"Don’t worry about what other people think. Hold your head up high and plunge forward!" - Midoriya Izuku

Joined Cubeville 09/01/2018
Promoted to Helper 8/7/2022
Promoted to Mod 11/27/2022
Promoted to Senior Mod 06/14/2023
OfflineOffline
theduckpression

Post by theduckpression »

Oh my lOrD honestly am overwhelmed right now. Sounds neat to be fair but Im a little stressed because I've got a W.I.P village that my comrades and I have put a lot of work into. I suppose I can start anew in CV7 and work on improvisations and ... such. One question, will the layout of the map be the same or completely different? This is my first map reset and I'm kinda going nuts. Not the best time for school to be getting back in session. Smh.
I was told there would be pie
If you like to talk to tomatoes, if a squash can make you smile, if you like to waltz with potatoes, up and down the produce aisle. Have we got a show for you, VEgGiE TAlES

Ravenclaw!

AKA Unicornfarts1599
OfflineOffline
bahamabucks

Post by bahamabucks »

theduckpression wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:40 am Oh my lOrD honestly am overwhelmed right now. Sounds neat to be fair but Im a little stressed because I've got a W.I.P village that my comrades and I have put a lot of work into. I suppose I can start anew in CV7 and work on improvisations and ... such. One question, will the layout of the map be the same or completely different? This is my first map reset and I'm kinda going nuts. Not the best time for school to be getting back in session. Smh.
From what ive seen of other maps, its like starting a brand new sp world. All new layout?
"Don’t worry about what other people think. Hold your head up high and plunge forward!" - Midoriya Izuku

Joined Cubeville 09/01/2018
Promoted to Helper 8/7/2022
Promoted to Mod 11/27/2022
Promoted to Senior Mod 06/14/2023
OfflineOffline
theduckpression

bahamabucks wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:19 pm
theduckpression wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:40 am Oh my lOrD honestly am overwhelmed right now. Sounds neat to be fair but Im a little stressed because I've got a W.I.P village that my comrades and I have put a lot of work into. I suppose I can start anew in CV7 and work on improvisations and ... such. One question, will the layout of the map be the same or completely different? This is my first map reset and I'm kinda going nuts. Not the best time for school to be getting back in session. Smh.
From what ive seen of other maps, its like starting a brand new sp world. All new layout?
OOOOh. Sounds pretty cool, but I'll spend majority of days after rift blindly wandering tbh.
If you like to talk to tomatoes, if a squash can make you smile, if you like to waltz with potatoes, up and down the produce aisle. Have we got a show for you, VEgGiE TAlES

Ravenclaw!

AKA Unicornfarts1599
OfflineOffline
Monoshish

Post by Monoshish »

I'm not quite sure what you mean by layout. It will be a completely new Minecraft world so the biomes and world will be different. We're changing it up a bit this map with having a dedicated spawn with no plots and then two separate cities with shop plots for people. We'll still have two drop towns and 8 total drops now. Whether spawn is in the perfect middle of the map like CV5 or off center like it is now, I'm not sure.
Joined Cubeville April 17, 2015
Promoted to Mod May 18, 2016
Promoted to Smod November 2, 2017
Promoted to Admin May 17, 2020
OfflineOffline
theduckpression

Monoshish wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:50 pm
I'm not quite sure what you mean by layout. It will be a completely new Minecraft world so the biomes and world will be different. We're changing it up a bit this map with having a dedicated spawn with no plots and then two separate cities with shop plots for people. We'll still have two drop towns and 8 total drops now. Whether spawn is in the perfect middle of the map like CV5 or off center like it is now, I'm not sure.
I meant like... how the land is on the map. The layout of the world, how it looks i guess. But my question was kinda answered. Thanks :)

Ravenclaw!

AKA Unicornfarts1599
OfflineOffline
Pizza4001
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2vnMB ... 8l2_ciBpHw

Re: CV7: Server Cities and Drops

Post by Pizza4001 »

saemai wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:40 pm ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
🌟 Drop Towns

A little new, a little old. Drop town plots on CV7 will be restricted to one player per plot, this will help us keep abandoned plots cleared for use by active players.

Oar's Rest
We will be opening with an all new drop town, Oar's Rest! For those players who find heading straight out into the wild a little too.. wild, Oar's Rest has plenty of shiny new plots waiting for settlers who want a safer start.
Rivenshire
Rivenshire, our second drop town, will be joining us in its evolved form later into CV7, when we feel we need more droptown stretch room.
Just wondering if rivenshire will coming at all Ik this is a dead post btw I'm just wondering
OfflineOffline
Sam

Re: CV7: Server Cities and Drops

Post by Sam »

can thar be a auction house pls in spawn
SammysUniverse join cubeville in April 5 2021 :pink_heart: :pink_heart: :pink_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: hop you like cubeville like me
OfflineOffline