WallyDonkey
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6R2Vr ... vBJc0vofaw

Summer Games 2021

Post by WallyDonkey »

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Summer Games 2021
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

What are the summer games?

For the next few months staff will be hosting games on a regular schedule, as well as off schedule games, which are worth Game Coins. You will be able to trade these coins in for all kinds of awesome prizes, up to and including miniranks that give you cool in-game abilities. A wide variety of our games will be hosted so you have many chances to win coins with all kinds of events; if you're not great at spleef then you can always see if you can win some rounds of floaty feather, or slay all your opponents in PvP, to take home some Game Coins.

When are the summer games?

The Summer Games are running from Monday 5th July to Sunday 29th August. Hopefully that spread of dates will capture a fair amount of the summer holiday across the world (or winter holiday if you are Down Under!).

The schedule for daily games can be found here: Summer Games Schedule

What can I spend my Game Coins on?

A few weeks into the Summer Games a shop will open in the events area at Spawn. You will be able to spend your Game Coins on various things there, from cubes to miniranks, and many things inbetween. You will be able to buy something, even if you only have one Game Coin. Further details will be announced when the shop launches.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Why not take in the beautiful sights at some of our PvP arenas as you suffer repeated deaths? Lovely!

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Build Battles

Build Battles will be making a return this year, the first of which will be a Space themed battle running for two weeks. You could make a planet, starship, satellite, floating alien creature...anything that fits the theme. The winners will receive a bunch of Games Coins and their builds will be featured as decorations around Hub! This first battle will run from Monday 12th July to Sunday 25th July. Further details of how to enter will be released nearer the start date.

The second battle will be a team event (though you can enter solo if you like) and will be Bedwars themed, with each team designing their own arena. There will be some guidelines around what needs to be included in the arena for it to be functional, and there will be an option to start with a basic island template to work from (though if you enjoy pain you can of course build your islands completely by hand). This battle will run from Monday 26th July to Sunday 29th August. Again further details will be available nearer the start date.
Your build could make it into the hub world, alongside such classic sights as Fredi's Shuttle(TM)!
OfflineOffline
Tisjstme

Re: Summer Games 2021

Post by Tisjstme »

I see that game time is like at 3AM... or if lucky I would get to play (only) Navel or Obstacle at 8AM. (both BB's are a 24 hour thing)
I think to be more fare at what games can be played and to let all have the ability to play them all during the day, wouldn't it be wiser to have at least 3 of the weeks game reversed so that people in my time zone don't have to wait up all night just to play? I know most of CV players live in US or UK, but I feel that the set up as it is, is a little bias. :)
OfflineOffline
SergeantEagle

Post by SergeantEagle »

i agree
first up i dont have a lot of time left until the next vacation. second im not really online on 10am-1pm pacific time so makes sense
“Sir yes sir!”
OfflineOffline
MCG8

Post by MCG8 »

i agree with tis but maybe like just have extra ones? so that they get to play some too? :D
Join Cubeville May 6th 2017
Promoted to Helper August 7th 2022
Promoted to Moderator November 27th 2022
Promoted to Senior Moderator June 5th 2023
Proud Hufflepuff
OfflineOffline
Mir07
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrEfzq ... tvwntXCPqA

Post by Mir07 »

Tisjstme wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:11 pm I see that game time is like at 3AM... or if lucky I would get to play (only) Navel or Obstacle at 8AM. (both BB's are a 24 hour thing)
I think to be more fare at what games can be played and to let all have the ability to play them all during the day, wouldn't it be wiser to have at least 3 of the weeks game reversed so that people in my time zone don't have to wait up all night just to play? I know most of CV players live in US or UK, but I feel that the set up as it is, is a little bias. :)
I am agreed Tis, also, the people on europe and UK won't be able to play Obstace Course and Naval Battle.

i sayd it on discord a week ago and the answer was that for example, when they finish hosting scribble, they change and host something else. Yesterday they did PVP, Lava Run and Splerf-
Joined CV 28/3/2015
Helper since 7/8/2022
Server Builder Since 03/12/2022
Mod since 5/6/2023
Smod since 9/12/2023
Griffindor
OfflineOffline
SergeantEagle

Post by SergeantEagle »

bruh i couldd only participate in 2 days of summer games
“Sir yes sir!”
OfflineOffline
WallyDonkey
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6R2Vr ... vBJc0vofaw

Post by WallyDonkey »

Just a heads up, unfortunately due to a couple of issues that came up the Build Battle scheduled to begin today will now start tomorrow, after the scheduled game of the day is complete. Apologies for any inconvenience!
OfflineOffline
MCG8

Post by MCG8 »

how big can we build the thing for the space themed BB?
Join Cubeville May 6th 2017
Promoted to Helper August 7th 2022
Promoted to Moderator November 27th 2022
Promoted to Senior Moderator June 5th 2023
Proud Hufflepuff
OfflineOffline
FrankTheTank_9

Post by FrankTheTank_9 »

probably as big as your plot lol
Insert stupid Dad Joke Here:
OfflineOffline
FrankTheTank_9

Post by FrankTheTank_9 »

Also have a question: Will the winners of the bedwars build battle have their builds become actual arenas?
Insert stupid Dad Joke Here:
OfflineOffline