Skylands Overhaul Project

Official server news is posted here.
Mir07
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrEfzq ... tvwntXCPqA

Re: Skylands Overhaul Project

Post by Mir07 »

Things I like about current skylands:

-Really the actual design and the fact that it is easy to tell people where to go to find stuff

Things I think could be improved in current skylands:

-For me the actual skylines are perfect, but there aren't any hostings so frequently and it would be cool for games like bedwars to be able to be hosted

Things I would like to see added to skylands:

-A way to host games that can't be hosted, and really nothing else for me :)

The three games/arenas I use most in skylands are:

-Splerf
-PVP
-Lava run

The three games/arenas I use least in skylands are:

-Nubman (i never understood how to play)
-On the Other" section, i never play anything
-Bingo-(no one wants to play it)

Any other comments:⠀For me the actual design of the skylines is OSM! Maybe it just needs to get a bit updated with the new blocks! In any case, if you finish up rebuilding it, i would love to keep with the idea of (Games Wing) (PVP Wing) (Splerf Wing) and (Other Wing) in my opinion it was just a really great idea to whoever that had it ":D tysm ":)
Joined CV 28/3/2015
Helper since 7/8/2022
Server Builder Since 03/12/2022
Mod since 5/6/2023
Smod since 9/12/2023
Griffindor
OfflineOffline
satriaboi

Post by satriaboi »

Things I like:

I love the arenas' sizes! The spleef arena, in particular – big enough to give everyone some space at the beginning but small enough that it only takes a few seconds to run from one side to another.

Things I think could be improved:

I would appreciate custom, note block-based, music that could play in the background for spleef/PvP matches to give them a upbeat, fun vibe. (After all, most of us play Skylands games to have fun!)

Things I would like to see added:

Hmm...I would love self-hosted games to come with their own (automatically sent out) global chat announcements, so people in the mood to play can invite the server to play with them.

The three games/arenas I use most:

Spleef (main arena), bedwars and block party.

The three games/arenas I use least:

The alternate spleef arenas (e.g. sand, pizza).

Any other comments:

I would love if the game venues had more of an upbeat, fun vibe to them – new sound effects and maybe some stage-like lighting that "shines a spotlight" onto the playing area while leaving everything else dark.

OfflineOffline
WallyDonkey
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6R2Vr ... vBJc0vofaw

Post by WallyDonkey »

Just a few updates to run through as we continue with the Skylands Overhaul Project. Some exciting work is going on and it seemed like a good time to share a few sneak peeks, as well as an update to Lavarun.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
Carnival PvP Update

⠀⠀The idea with Carnival PvP was to keep the core of the design - the carnival feel of being out in the open, interspersed with some tight inside spaces like tents and rides - but with updated builds and area design. The team have done an amazing job with the build updates, with practically every build being replaced with newer and better versions, and some areas being completely redesigned. The haunted forest that didn't make too much thematic sense has been removed to make way for an expanded roller coaster, and to keep that maze feel we've added in a hedge maze to a more central area of the carnival, giving you an opportunity to potentially escape someone pursuing you, or to lie in wait for unsuspecting victims...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
Lavarun Update

⠀⠀Not all changes need to wait until the skylands overhaul is complete to launch. A small, quality of life change has been made to Lavarun today which enables players to go and practice on any of the existing runs, without having to wait for a member of staff to come and change it for them. Just head to lavarun and step into the "Practice Entrance" portal, shown below.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
When you step into the portal, a menu will be displayed on your screen listing each of the available runs. You just need to click on the one you want to go practice on, and you will be teleported there. Have fun on the practice runs!
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
Racing Update

⠀⠀For the final update in this post I'll leave you with a bit of a mystery. The "Boat Race" section in skylands is now a broader "Racing" section, with expanded options beyond just boats. But what could this race track be for?
⠀⠀⠀
OfflineOffline
saemai

Post by saemai »

Dropping by with some sneak peeks! These are just some of the areas made for a couple of new game modes we are incredibly excited to introduce and get to play with everyone. Enthusiastically tested, definitely fun.

It's Nubf or Nuthin'
ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Night vision activated

Who doesn't like snow forts?
I'm not sure you should be playing here...
OfflineOffline
WallyDonkey
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6R2Vr ... vBJc0vofaw

Post by WallyDonkey »

Just a small teaser of one of the bosses in development for a new game...

OfflineOffline
Tisjstme

Post by Tisjstme »

LOL. Good one. Am loving it.
OfflineOffline