Cubeville: Trails & Tales

Official server news is posted here.
WallyDonkey
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6R2Vr ... vBJc0vofaw

Cubeville: Trails & Tales

Post by WallyDonkey »

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
🌟 Cubeville is updating to 1.20! 🌟

Minecraft version 1.20.1 appears stable, our CV programming team has updated all of our custom plugins, and the external plugins we use are up to date. CV is ready to update! Fortunately for this update we don't need to completely reset the map so you won't be losing your base or anything. We will disconnect the survival server at reboot on Saturday 24th June, apply the update, finalize map setup and build updates, and check things over. After reboot on Sunday 25th June you'll be able to join in 1.20.1 and explore all that the new version has to offer!

What has changed since 1.18?

I'm sure many of you will have kept up with the announcements as 1.19 and 1.20 were developed and released, but for those who don't know here are links to the two update pages: ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The farmlands tree farms looking very pretty in pink!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
A whole new world?!

To bring the full experience and many additions of 1.19 and 1.20 we have decided to add a completely fresh map to the survival server to run alongside the current map, rather than merely expand the existing land. The new map will run alongside the existing map, and with it comes the opening of CVC Uptown, arrival point and centre of the new world! Staff and server builders alike have worked hard on this epic steampunk city and we can't wait for you all to see it. Some features to expect with this update include:
  • The new world is generated with 1.20 terrain so you'll be able to go marching off to the mangrove swamps, spelunking into the deep dark, stop to meditate in the gorgeous cherry blossom biome, dig for ancient treasures in the lost trails, and so much more!
  • The two worlds share an inventory, so you can bring the things you find back to your existing base, settle in the new world and start afresh, or a mix of both.
  • The Farmlands has two new wood farms; the mangrove swamp (where you can also farm mud blocks), and the cherry tree hills. Of course for all your new bamboo needs we already have a bamboo farm waiting to be harvested!
  • New archaeology farm, with renewable sussy sand and gravel for all those hunting for armour trims, netherite upgrades, and the all important sniffer eggs!
  • Admin shop updates including some of the rarer 1.19/20 items you may otherwise struggle to find through exploration.
  • Pet shop at spawn updated with new mobs!
  • Players all receive 4 additional 50x50 regions for the new map!

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
CVC Uptown, or Steampunk City as I've been calling it, is ready and waiting for players to fill it with a brand new shopping district.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Server Downtime

The survival map will be offline to players starting at 9am EST on Saturday 24th June 2023. At the moment this downtime is scheduled for one day, but there are some elements of the update we can't test in advance, so if problems come up and it might take longer we will post an update here. Similarly, if everything goes smoothly and we can open earlier than planned, we will notify players here. You will still be able to play on other maps like creative, skylands games etc. whilst the update is going on, though there may be occasional server restarts during the process.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Overviewer

In order to allow for more natural exploration on the first day, the new world will not be included until the day after the map reopens. So if you want to find yourself a cherry blossom biome or mangrove swamp to set up in, you'll need to get out there and explore the old fashioned way! Having looked around a bit during development, there is some very cool terrain to find if you're lucky.

FAQ

Will the creative server be updating to 1.20 as well?
Yes! The creative server has now been updated to 1.20 as well.

Will the CVC Uptown rules be the same as CVC Downtown?
Yes, the CVC rules apply to both Uptown and Downtown.

Can I buy a plot in Uptown if I already have one in Downtown?
No you can't, each player may only have one CVC plot total, in either Uptown or Downtown. If you want to move your shop to the new map, you'll need to sell or return your Downtown plot first.

Do I have to buy new items and mobs from the admin/pet shop?
Not at all, everything will generate and spawn as normal on the new Uptown world. You can find all the new items, mobs, and features through exploration. The admin shops are there for those who can't find things naturally, or just want the convenience of buying them.

Are there ancient cities? Are there wardens?
Yes and yes! You can find plenty of ancient cities on the new world, and within them dwell the wardens. They may look very huggable, but if you come across one I don't recommend getting too close...

Will I still have my money, enderchest, and armour on the new map?
Yes! Think of the new map like a newly discovered continent on the same world. There's new land to explore, but you will still have your same survival world inventories and cubes.

Can I claim land in the new world?
You can! And since we have double the survival worlds now, we have doubled the base number of regions per players, from 4 to 8. So all players will have 4 additional regions they can use to protect land on the new world (or expand their protection area on the old world should they wish).
OfflineOffline
vip2kea
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMF4kI ... QKHJHgvjzw

Re: Cubeville: Trails & Tails

Post by vip2kea »

Question, will there be another /home and bed spawn point for this new world or will we only have one /home and bed spawn point for both maps.
Hi, I'm vip2kea! Nice to meet you!!! :D
CV6 Villages: Mayor of Calmi and Rivenbrick
CV7 Villages: Co-Mayor (Technically not Mayor Officially) of Oceano. Founder of Candy Land, Cherry Isles, and Redhills.
🖖🦯
Christian - Star Trek Nerd 🖖 - ACB 🦯'

"Smol Kea" ~Vic 2024. <3
OfflineOffline
D1sFunKt0naL

Post by D1sFunKt0naL »

Woah, im excited :3
hi im sky and i like p i z z a
Joined CV 2022 December 26th :D
OfflineOffline
Cilimus

Post by Cilimus »

Can’t wait for the update!
:D
The year of 2023

It’s November!
Cubeville member since Friday December 23, 2023 7:24PM EST
Note: I am always a nub like such nubby lol
OfflineOffline
ItsMeNeon

Post by ItsMeNeon »

This is gonna be so cool!
Joined Cubeville Aug 02, 2020
Manga Artist, Future Youtuber, and Novice Music Artist
Ravenclaw
Gov. of PurpleTown, SK
OfflineOffline
WallyDonkey

Post by WallyDonkey »

vip2kea wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:37 pm Question, will there be another /home and bed spawn point for this new world or will we only have one /home and bed spawn point for both maps.
There is only the one /home and spawn point on the survival server at the moment.
OfflineOffline
WallyDonkey

Post by WallyDonkey »

Added the following to Q&A:

Can I claim land in the new world?
You can! And since we have double the survival worlds now, we have doubled the base number of regions per players, from 4 to 8. So all players will have 4 additional regions they can use to protect land on the new world (or expand their protection area on the old world should they wish).
OfflineOffline