Daily Quest Feedback

Post anything that lacks a proper category or is unique in its own way while still having relevance to Minecraft and the server.
Tisjstme

Re: Daily Quest Feedback

Post by Tisjstme »

stldenise wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:47 pm
Part of the problem is how they're labeled. "Blacksmith" sent me to the nether for 2 hours. I was expecting something more like make a furnace, get some coal, make some iron, make an iron hoe. Not go find the most rare mineral in the game.

I was unable to complete FISHING yesterday. Why? The first thing was to go get 5 lily pads. I couldn't find a swamp in the time I had to play, and when I came back later in the evening to try and just fish for them...I got ONE before I needed to call it quits. Again, I expect fishing to be maybe go build a fishing rod and fish. For fish.
I can see your frustration Denise... (I am NOT complaining here just making an observation)...
I did the blacksmith yesterday too, and thought the same.. I can cook and make stuff with iron.. this will be a breeze. Was I wrong... I had to get 1 debris... ok so I stayed till I got 4 and used up 2 picks looking, but it still used a lot of pick and time to get 1. So home I went and did the next part.. cook the debris... Doh me, I put all 4 in the smelter that transfers it to the chest. Had to go repair my 2 picks and then go back to the nether.... used 1 pick and finally found 4 more. Hand cooked them this time. Finally got my money. Yey.
As for fishing.. If I hadn't found some cool rods with mend, lure, luck and unbreaking in drowned villages or ships and combined them, I don't think a normal rod would have got me my items in a good time frame. I had to get 1 name tag for the tier 3 part. This took forever to get but I finally got it after about 1 hour or so fishing, which I had split up cause I got bored with it.
I also like some of your names and ideas for more 'cubes quests'.
Uncle_Bean wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:44 pm I have to admit... not liking them. First was mobs, took two days to find 5 skellies. The second was piglets, went to nether got slaughtered. I'm working on building stuff. So it took all my time to do what? Get killed. But, I may have a solution.

Spigot has a plugin called "Jobs"... it would be worth your time.
I know the feeling Unc.. but for me its different.. I cant think what to build just yet.. so these are letting me do something.
As for the jobs... I think CV is running Paper now not Spigot.
OfflineOffline
Uncle_Bean

Post by Uncle_Bean »

Tisjstme wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:03 am
I know the feeling Unc.. but for me its different.. I cant think what to build just yet.. so these are letting me do something.
As for the jobs... I think CV is running Paper now not Spigot.
Paper and Spigot are close. Many plugins are ported for paper. I once considered paper over Spigot, but the Spigot guys are much quicker at producing updates.
OfflineOffline
fignewt0n

Post by fignewt0n »

So I finally got a tier 4 quest today on the crop farmer chain: "Enchant a Diamond hoe with any level of unbreaking." I tried first with an enchanting table, added unbreaking I to it and it came with efficiency one as well. I made sure not to shift click it into my inventory, but the objective was not completed. I figured I was supposed to use books and an anvil, so I picked up an unbreaking III book and added it to the hoe, again not shift clicking into my inventory. Again, the objective did not get completed. Not sure if i'm doing something wrong, but on my end it seems like i got an impossible objective.
OfflineOffline
Uncle_Bean

Post by Uncle_Bean »

Mine was a much better experience today. I got the fishing quest, first tier was for cod. For the first mc day I caught everything except cod, but, I got some cool fishing poles, some cool bows, and a few other things I think I could sell. Much easier for me, thank you guys very much!
OfflineOffline
saemai

Post by saemai »

Good to hear! The fishing quest is going to get some tweaks as well to help safeguard against people just getting super unlucky on them. Right now I think it's the only quest that could potentially take a long time just if you don't catch the right things despite their catch rates.

Also the tier 4 hoe enchanting quest should be fixed now. :)
OfflineOffline
Chao

Post by Chao »

I guess I'll post my experience here just because I felt as though it was a bit strange.

Yesterday I chose the potion brewer quest and it was pretty straightforwards, so I'll put the steps here:
Tier 1: Break 5 Melons
Tier 2: Craft 1 Glistering Melon

So as you would assume, the next quest would be "Brew an instant health potion." Welllllll
Tier 3: Brew a speed potion

So a bit strange, not quite hard, just strange that it has you get a glistering melon for a speed potion, but overall not the worst. I got a tier 4 that day which was to brew a slow falling potion, which was easy with my 2 stacks+ of phantom membrane (Phantoms love me)

Today I chose mob slayer, and had:

Tier 1: Kill a zombie
Tier 2: Kill a husk
Tier 3: Kill 3 spiders

Again, a tad strange, and the husk was a little hard to find (They spawn at night in deserts, and unfortunately for me I got this just as the sun was coming up.) Overall my recent quest experiences have been much better with the new system + the overviewer to find the desert that I waiting in for one to spawn.
they/them
Joined 2015
Promoted 2021
Inactive 2021
OfflineOffline
saemai

Post by saemai »

Ah yeah, the linear nature of your first two tasks with potion making there was happenstance, I could see how that would feel strange. :P Each tier has a set of various tasks though and you randomly get one of them, they aren't intended to necessarily build on each other but are weighted by expected difficulty.

Waiting for night for mobs to spawn in general is going to need to be an expected part of choosing the mob hunter quest, but of course you can pick up the quest and then go about your usual business until nightfall when you can do it.

Overall there will probably be some things where, depending on circumstances, it might feel like a specific tier 2 ended up a bit harder than the tier 3 was for you or so, but as a whole they should (fingers crossed) balance out fairly well.
OfflineOffline
dogmatic69

Post by dogmatic69 »

I've not read through every page here, so myabe I duplicate a bit but the quests are not consistent.

I've had quests where I've literally finished in 20 seconds. Something along the lines of craft sticks, craft a work bench, craft ladders. Great.

I've had others that were near impossible. (I gave up, cant remember exactly what it was but something along the lines of kill the ender dragon).

Also after like a month of quests, I've never once had the 4th quest. While other people seem to have had it 3-4 times in a row.
OfflineOffline
Mir07
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrEfzq ... tvwntXCPqA

Post by Mir07 »

i didn't had the 4 tier for now :o
Joined CV 28/3/2015
Helper since 7/8/2022
Server Builder Since 03/12/2022
Mod since 5/6/2023
Smod since 9/12/2023
Griffindor
OfflineOffline
saemai

Post by saemai »

dogmatic69 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:36 am I've not read through every page here, so myabe I duplicate a bit but the quests are not consistent.

I've had quests where I've literally finished in 20 seconds. Something along the lines of craft sticks, craft a work bench, craft ladders. Great.

I've had others that were near impossible. (I gave up, cant remember exactly what it was but something along the lines of kill the ender dragon).

Also after like a month of quests, I've never once had the 4th quest. While other people seem to have had it 3-4 times in a row.
They won't all be the exact same level difficulty per tier, but we tried to get them close as we could. Since you get a different one each day, that aspect ought to balance out over time.

I am really curious what task you had though that you felt was near impossible, I'm afraid I can't comment much without you knowing what it was. Killing the ender dragon is definitely not a daily quest task at the moment, and if it were it would only be considered as a possibility for a tier 4 bonus quest, not a standard daily.

The tier 4 bonus quest is purely random, but perhaps we could look at adding some parameters to that to help even things out a bit.
OfflineOffline