Daily Quest Feedback

Post anything that lacks a proper category or is unique in its own way while still having relevance to Minecraft and the server.
trekky920

Re: Daily Quest Feedback

Post by trekky920 »

Just like Jim, I've also gotten the Weaponsmith 2 requirement to craft 16 fireworks. After crafting more than 16 with one paper + one gunpowder, I was surprised to see it didn't count for quest credit. Just which firework ID is linked to that quest? 2 GP? 3GP? More than that?
CV1 Veteran
OfflineOffline
stldenise

Post by stldenise »

More observations and a few suggestions:

Today was way smoother, but I got repeat quests and already had stuff in a chest + knew where to find items. So...good thing.

Also I'd like to suggest, after murdering a whole herd of cows, that the "collect 16 leather" be nubbed down to harvest X number of cows.

AND if you keep the netherite quest in some form, relabel it as a Nether Quest so the person grabbing it has a clue. I really thought a Blacksmith quest would involve iron & making something from it.

I haven't seen all the quests yet, but I had an idea for a few.

ARTIST
Collect "paint" (3 colors of dye)
Collect "canvas" (wool)
Make a painting
Bonus: Hang the painting in a specially made CVC museum (which staff can clear as it fills up).

NAVAGATOR
Make a Map
Make a Compass
Find a location using coords (Maybe a room in a CVC building)

INTERIOR DESIGN
Make a painting
Make a lantern
Make a pot with flower in it.

HIKING
Make Boots
Make Food for the Trail (bread perhaps)
Hike to the top of some mountain that staff picks.

TOURIST
Go to 3 points on the map to see cool stuff.
OfflineOffline
Mir07
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrEfzq ... tvwntXCPqA

Post by Mir07 »

I just found a big error on the quest, but I modrequed in game , because peeps could use it before you fix it x3 dont look really easy to fix btw Wally ;)
Joined CV 28/3/2015
Helper since 7/8/2022
Server Builder Since 03/12/2022
Mod since 5/6/2023
Smod since 9/12/2023
Griffindor
OfflineOffline
Uncle_Bean

Post by Uncle_Bean »

saemai wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:38 pm ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
🌟 Daily Quest Feedback

As was mentioned in the announcement post, we are happy to hear both what you like and what you think needs tweaking in the daily quest system. We realize some tasks might end up being a little hard or too easy for the tier they are in, or that there might be unexpected challenges or problems.

We'd like to hear what you think to help us smooth out the bumps and adjust tasks to feel more appropriate to their levels and rewards. Thanks everyone!
I have to admit, I'm not liking the quests. My first one was mobs, it took me two days to find 5 skellies. The second tier is for piglets, or something like that, I went hunting and got slaughtered by pigmen. Also, I'm working on building, so it takes the entire time I have for playing to do what, get killed. But, if you have an open mind, I do have a solutiuon.

Spigot has a plugin called "Jobs", I think their updated version may be called "Jobs Reborn". This could solve your issue of players not being able to vote, or take their entire time doing a quest that is impossible for them. A player can select a job, such as mining, woodcutting, farming, digging, and more. You can set the amount the player makes, and as the player progresses and stick with the job, the more money he could make. This could put a shot of excitement into the economy of Cubeville. Please take a moment and think about it, it would be worth your time.

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/jobs-reborn.4216/

Uncle_Bean. Been here a while.
OfflineOffline
Fireheads

Post by Fireheads »

Yeah the plug-in Uncle bean mentioned is a great plugin, I’ve played on. Different server that has that plug-in and it was fun, and I could earn money just from doing everyday Minecraft things!
Joined CV September 18th 2020 and loves this server and never wants to leave
:green_heart: :heart: :orange_heart: :pink_heart: :purple_heart: :blue_heart: :yellow_heart: :cv:
OfflineOffline
saemai

Post by saemai »

While we did consider other plugin options, we rather have something made specifically for our players and server that we are able to tailor to fit as needed.

Please keep in mind that this is a brand new system that is still in its first few days of use, so there is definitely some additional balancing, adding, and removing that was needed and is still needed, but I don't feel like that is anything to throw the whole thing out over and use a same cookie cutter plugin as so many other servers out there.

I'm not sure if you had a chance to have done more than one quest, though? Because all of the examples you gave for types of jobs in the other plugin are all already options in our daily quests as well. You always have several options to choose from, so something like mining or farming might have been a safer first pick than mob hunting if you weren't quite ready for it yet, and you should have that choice. I assure you they are all quite possible though, and most are extremely easy. Some of them, like the mob hunting quest you chose, are definitely more difficult to do before you've gotten more settled on the server. That said, we are working on better options for when you are just beginning that we believe should resolve this. :)
OfflineOffline
Fireheads

Post by Fireheads »

If there isnt one already, I think a buileder quest would be cool. For me the fun part in minecraft is building, and I use sorta the same blocks each time. Im wondeing if we could have a quest where we need to craft certain blocks and build with them, to expand our usage of blocks.
Joined CV September 18th 2020 and loves this server and never wants to leave
:green_heart: :heart: :orange_heart: :pink_heart: :purple_heart: :blue_heart: :yellow_heart: :cv:
OfflineOffline
stldenise

Post by stldenise »

saemai wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:41 pm if you weren't quite ready for it yet, and you should have that choice. I assure you they are all quite possible though, and most are extremely easy.
The only quest I've done that was "easy" was one that I had done before and already had supplies on hand to accomplish it.

Part of the problem is how they're labeled. "Blacksmith" sent me to the nether for 2 hours. I was expecting something more like make a furnace, get some coal, make some iron, make an iron hoe. Not go find the most rare mineral in the game.

I was unable to complete FISHING yesterday. Why? The first thing was to go get 5 lily pads. I couldn't find a swamp in the time I had to play, and when I came back later in the evening to try and just fish for them...I got ONE before I needed to call it quits. Again, I expect fishing to be maybe go build a fishing rod and fish. For fish.

I'm sure this will get easier as the map get some age to it, but again...I should NOT need enchanted tools to complete a 5c quest. The first 5 should be a gimme, something to encourage the player to keep going. Not an impossible task.
OfflineOffline
TheEndlessSummer

Post by TheEndlessSummer »

when trying to locate a swamp or such for lilypads, you can always ask the playerbase for help, I know of 3 swamps within 500 blocks of drops/skyways.. :/ and pretty sure we have said there is balancing needed and we know this. the ancient debris is relatively hard, so I normally ask friends if they have a spare piece i could dig out for the quest
OfflineOffline
saemai

Post by saemai »

stldenise wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:47 pm The only quest I've done that was "easy" was one that I had done before and already had supplies on hand to accomplish it.
Yep that's exactly what I was trying to say, they are very easy once you are set up even just a little, which is going to be the scenario for most players most of the time. Changes were definitely needed to account for when players are just beginning though, which I was saying we have addressed already and will roll out soon. I think that should solve the problem there. :) And as I said in my last reply, other quests are also being tweaked based on feedback from you all, I think we'll have a happy medium very soon.
OfflineOffline