Build Battle: Dangerous Circumstances

WallyDonkey
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6R2Vr ... vBJc0vofaw

Post by WallyDonkey »

What is the build battle?

As part of the Cubeville Art Slam, we are running a build battle where players create a build based on a set theme. You can build anything you like, so long as the build is based on the prompt set in this post. The build battle opens Sunday 13th September 2020 and runs up until 11:59pm Friday 23rd October 2020, EST. The build battle is the longest running of the competitions in this event, and is open for the full duration.

How do I enter?

To get to the build battle, you can take either the portal from spawn or the Special wing of /hub. Once you are there, you place a /modreq asking for a plot. Much like the normal creative world, you will be able to use /home to get to your plot. You have until the end of Friday 23rd October 2020 to build your entry. You can take as long as you like on the building within that time frame, and change it as much as you want, nothing will be judged until after the closing date.

Once you have a plot you are automatically entered into the Build Battle, if you decide you want to exit the competition just /modreq again asking for your plot and entry to be removed.

What is the build battle theme?

Your build must be based on the following theme:

"Dangerous Circumstances"

This idea can be interpreted in a variety of ways, as long as you are able to show the theme and the connection is able to be understood by the general population.

Build Battle spawn

Rules for entries

One player per plot
Builds must be original, any found to be copied from other sources will be disqualified
Please contain all liquids within your plot, they should not be running outside the plot border
Do not build any persistent redstone devices (i.e. they run non stop) or redstone devices that have an impact outside your plot
Build Battle plots are for build battle entries only, it is not a secondary creative plot for free use
CV’s Official building rules apply
Only items available in normal creative mode can be used in builds. Anything brought in from SP using saved toolbars being used in builds will result in disqualification.

How are entries judged?

There will be an open vote for all players to pick their top three entries, which will run for one week after the closing date. More details of how and where to vote will be made available nearer the time.

What can I win?

The prizes are as follows:

1st Place - Additional Ores Minirank / OR / Obsidian Placement Minirank / OR / 1000 cubes
2nd Place - Additional Logs Minirank / OR / Glass Placement Minirank / OR / 500 cubes
3rd Place - Additional Flint Minirank / OR / Mycelium Placement Minirank / OR / 250 cubes

Note that miniranks stay with you throughout map changes, whilst cubes are reset each map. You may want to take that into consideration when you choose your prize.
OfflineOffline
MCG8

Re: Build Battle: Dangerous Circumstances

Post by MCG8 »

I have a question, you said the BB ends on the 23rd but in the spreadsheet and what sae said it ends tomorrow... huh?
Join Cubeville May 6th 2017
Promoted to Helper August 7th 2022
Promoted to Moderator November 27th 2022
Promoted to Senior Moderator June 5th 2023
Proud Hufflepuff
OfflineOffline
WallyDonkey
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6R2Vr ... vBJc0vofaw

Post by WallyDonkey »

Thank you for pointing that out, I've edited the main Art Slam Post and the timetable spreadsheet to show the build battle ending on Friday 23rd October, so yes you still have another week to build :)
OfflineOffline
FrankTheTank_9

Post by FrankTheTank_9 »

Whew! I was getting nervous that I wouldn't complete my build on time. Thanks for the extra time!
Insert stupid Dad Joke Here:
OfflineOffline
Fireheads

Post by Fireheads »

Why were some players in game today saying it ends tommorow?? Doesn’t it since it ends at the end of video competition voting?
Joined CV September 18th 2020 and loves this server and never wants to leave
:green_heart: :heart: :orange_heart: :pink_heart: :purple_heart: :blue_heart: :yellow_heart: :cv:
OfflineOffline
Europa64
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3uSQ5 ... AJkFHzReqw

Post by Europa64 »

Fireheads wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:21 pm Why were some players in game today saying it ends tommorow?? Doesn’t it since it ends at the end of video competition voting?
The BB deadline was extended by one day
OfflineOffline
Fireheads

Post by Fireheads »

PHEW!! okay hopefully I can finish mine! Is the deadline still 11:59 PM tommorow?
:green_heart: :heart: :orange_heart: :pink_heart: :purple_heart: :blue_heart: :yellow_heart: :cv:
OfflineOffline
Europa64
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3uSQ5 ... AJkFHzReqw

Post by Europa64 »

Fireheads wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:33 pm PHEW!! okay hopefully I can finish mine! Is the deadline still 11:59 PM tommorow?
Likely so, assuming it has been extended a full 24 hours.
OfflineOffline
This_Ally
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIpVr ... UvlvVQ?vie

Post by This_Ally »

when do we get the results?
-THIS_ALLY :cv:
non-binary/all prounous 8-)
#ridefortiggy:yellow_heart:
OfflineOffline
Fireheads

Post by Fireheads »

Idk I’m wondering same thing for screenshot, skin making, and video competition. There’s probably gonna be voting for BB so like another week I think.
OfflineOffline