MCG8's Entery: Hallow Slow

MCG8

MCG8's Entery: Hallow Slow

Post by MCG8 »

Heres my entry! Comments are always welcome.

Hallow Slow
Melody Carter was racing through the streets of a strange place. A few hours prior, Melody was happily out for a walk when she ended up in a strange world. Upon her arrival, she was immediately spotted by a large creature, which looked like a pile of mud with glowing red eyes. She turned a corner attempting to lose this strange creature, but she was only met by dozens more. She heard a strange swit swit then blacked out.
Upon waking, she found herself in a small dark room. A strange thumping noise could be heard on the other side of the door. Panic ran through her as the door slowly opened. The largest of the mud monsters entered. It appeared to be speaking in a gargling sort of speech. It resembled how someone would sound while talking underwater. Melody was dragged away through slimy tunnels that smelled thickly of rotting fruit. She was shoved into a cage with a chain attached to the top. The box rose quite fast and bashed against the wall. Melody was stuck in the cage for a very long time. Eventually she fell asleep.
When she woke up, there was a figure on the top of her cage. The figure appeared to be female and not like those bizarre mud creatures she had seen so far. She was tall and had a pointed skirt embedded with rubies. An elegant mask, which appeared to be made out of gold, concealed the girl’s face. She swung down silently, took out a pin from her pocket, and began picking the lock. “Once I unlock this cage the sound will be very loud so you will have to be prepared for a speedy exit.” Melody, shocked to find that the girl’s voice made her sound much younger than she looked, merely nodded. What happened next was a blur. The cage unlocked but not without a crack that split the silence like a knife through warm butter. The girl threw a purple orb down and it instantly turned into a portal. Before she could look closely, the girl had pushed her down.
When she emerged on the other side, she was in a land illuminated by a pink sun, which gave the land a shimmering glow. She wanted to say “Thank you for rescuing me.” But what she actually said was, “Who are you? Where am I?” The girl looked at her, then after a moment, she responded, “I am Graceilaohanda but you may call me Grace. You are in the mighty land, Hallow Slow.” Melody blinked in confusion. Grace removed her mask, revealing light purple hair that reached her waist. She had green eyes that sparkled in the sunlight. Her skin was very pale and she had pointed ears. Melody exclaimed “You’re an elf!” Grace gaped at her. “Yes I am. What happened to your ears? Did they shrink or something?” Melody laughed. “I’m not an elf.” They heard a loud crack. Grace put on her mask again and began to run. Melody hastened to follow.
They finally arrived at a magnificent castle. She stared at the structure, which was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. Grace hid the mask behind a tree then started walking toward the castle. Melody followed her in awe. They walked across a grassy plain covered with the most beautiful flowers. There were some that were completely new colours she had never seen before. Every shape and size, though her favourites were the little square ones that smelled like chocolate.
When they got to the door, a tall elfish warrior was standing guard. Grace casually waved and said something in an odd dialect. Then she added in English, “The girl is with me. Come, Melody.” Melody hurried by the guard. The castle was more magnificent on the inside than the outside. High arches marked the doors in the most beautiful colours. Grace slid a large painting aside and revealed a secret passage. She beckoned for Melody to come. Melody looked around, curious, noting that while the passage entrance appeared to be rather low, the actual passageway was the perfect height. Grace slid the painting back in place then sprinted away. Melody followed and finally reached the exit where she found Grace waiting for her. It took a minute for her eyes to adjust to the bright light but when they did she found that they were in a large bedroom. The bed was am enormous basket hanging from the ceiling and bookshelves lined every wall, filled with books. “Is this your bedroom?” Grace nodded.
Grace gave Melody a tour of the palace. They were walking down a hallway when the tallest woman she had ever seen stepped out of a door. She had the most beautiful clothes woven from blue, orange and pink silk, but they did not clash as one would expect. The woman spoke in that unusual dialect that Grace had used with the guard. Grace replied in the same language. Then the woman turned to her, “Welcome Melody Carter. I am queen Marigolanda. I suppose you may call me Queen Marigold. I apologize for my daughter’s actions. She should not have gone into the Encumous’ territory. Would you care to join us for dinner?” Melody blinked in surprise at Grace being the princess but she regained her composure and replied, “That would be very nice, thank you your Highness. But who are the Encumous?” “They are demons made of clay and mud with glowing red eyes.” After an awkward pause, they proceeded into the dining hall.
Melody was served what looked like pudding with coarse hairs in it, some sort of purple fish and juice with little wiggly things in it. Melody, noticing Grace watching her, whispered, “Why are there pink wiggly things in my drink?” Grace replied, also in a whisper, “Things that wiggle taste better. Also, if I were you, I would steer clear of the fish but the pudding is pretty good.” Melody took a sip of the wiggly drink. Her eyes widened. Grace was right, it was amazing. She was poking at her pudding when a loud bang erupted. The door swung open and a soldier appeared. He hastily said a few things in what Melody had guessed to be elfish. Grace’s eyes widened. She grabbed Melody and ran out of the room. Melody cried, “Whats happening?” “The Encumous have surrounded the palace. They’re looking for you. We have to get you away from them.” Grace tugged her along more passages then brought her into a room. “Stay here until I come for you.” After she exited, Melody looked around what appeared to be a dusty storage room.
When she was about to try opening the door, she heard someone calling her name. She managed to open the door. The voice kept calling her. She ran along the hallways while she knew that people were battling outside. She stumbled upon a staircase that led down and melted into darkness. The voice seemed to be coming from there, so she began the descent below.
Upon reaching the bottom, she spotted a blue crystal. The crystal called her name once more. When she touched it, light erupted all around her. She felt very warm and when she looked down she noticed that she had armour on and a large sword was in her hand. She felt that she could take on anything. Then the voice that had called her name spoke once more, “Melody Carter, you must rid this land of the evil that has taken over.” Everything went black, then she was suddenly facing the army of Encumous. She looked at the battlefield where many had perished protecting the castle. She somehow knew what to do, she flew up to the highest point and thought of her new friend here and her friends back at home. Then a brilliant light burst from her. The Encumous cowered before the light then melted away. Melody floated slowly down to the ground. When her feet touched the earth she returned to her regular self. Queen Marigold looked at her then said, “You have saved us all. How?” Melody smiled then related the whole story.
Two days later Melody and Grace were saying goodbye. Grace handed her the blue crystal. “My mom doesn’t know I’m giving this to you. But it can bring you home and bring you back here.” Melody hugged Grace. “Thanks. I’d like to come back.” She held the crystal then with a cutting motion in the air, a portal opened. She waved at Grace, who waved back. “Goodbye!” She called as she entered the portal that would bring her home.

THE END
Join Cubeville May 6th 2017
Promoted to Helper August 7th 2022
Promoted to Moderator November 27th 2022
Promoted to Senior Moderator June 5th 2023
Proud Hufflepuff
OfflineOffline