Another World

Juishi

Another World

Post by Juishi »

A cold and shady city, I walked these roads often. I took a public bus down to my school. Which wasn't the brightest either. Everything was going how it usually went, how it SHOULD be. My city is always boring and nothing interesting ever happens, I was basically dying for ANYTHING to happen. The walk to my bus stop was next to a busy road. The roads were always clean, and the sidewalks exactly aligned with each other- wait.. what's this?

A small pink mushroom stood straight up in a crack of the sidewalk. It was the only thing growing from the sidewalk cracks, this city was well kept. I was about to pick it and bring it with me to show my friends, but then second guessed myself and decided to let it grow. I dug through my backpack looking for my phone to take a picture, but a peculiar glow from the side of my eye got my attention instead. I looked back at the mushroom and pink glowing dust trailed off of it toward a dark alley. This was perfect, nothing ever happened. I forgot about taking a picture or hurrying to school. I'm sure that THIS was FAR more important than learning more about geography, or subtraction, or whatever. At least it was more interesting. I got up and slipped my backpack back on, I was wearing a loose t-shirt and bell bottom jeans. With comfortable clothes it is easy to move in, getting around in an alley should be fine. My only concern was that someone might catch me sneaking off, or that people from my school would look for me. But it was worth it, I decided. As I pushed past more trashcans and corners, continuing to follow that trail of shining dust, a soft white glow came into sight. I ran toward it, faster and faster until everything suddenly whited out, it was so bright I couldn't see anything at all. It overwhelmed me.

As I started to regain myself and my thoughts, the first thing I noticed was a mushroom.. a mushroom the size of a one story building. Startled, I stepped back, but hit a solid wall behind me. I jerked back and looked at what I had run into. The alley has vanished, and I was stuck in.. wherever I was. I looked around. The air wasn't cold and stiff like in the city, it smelled like flowers and cake. Everything was bright and fun colored, it was beautiful. I looked down at my bare feet and different colored stones were padding the ground. All sizes of mushrooms everywhere, a bright blue sky and pink, fluffy grass. Everything was perfect, animals roamed the land wild and free as I walked through this strange new place. A soft beat I had been hearing for awhile grew a little louder, and I followed the music to a small little house.

The smell of cake and pastries grew stronger and stronger, my hand raising to knock on the door.. but it opened just as soon as I got there. "Hellooo? Anyone home?" I yelled softly through the house. I walked in, and after a little while looking around, I saw food on a table. Suddenly the door shut and locked. I was a little worried, but this place seemed safe. "Uhmm.. hello? Anyone here?" Once again, no response. I sat myself at the table and looked at the food. It looked amazing. Any NORMAL person surely would've eaten the entire TABLE by now, but I decided to wait.

"Welcome to my home," an unknown voice came from the room in front of me. I sat up quickly and hastily apologized, "I'm so sorry! No one answered the door, and quite frankly, I have no idea where I am-" I stuttered as the unknown figure interrupted me. "It's okay, sit back down, help yourself to the food".. Odd response.. "No thank you I'm not very hungry, I should be getting back. Could you please unlock the door..?" I said nervously. I watched and waited, she took too long to respond.

"No, it's okay, you should stay". She didn't sound unfriendly, but.. She reached her hand out for my wrist and I felt cold and I shivered, jerking back from her grasp I ran for the door. It wouldn't budge, so I kicked it down. It took 3 full blown kicks in the center before it broke. "STOP! Don't leave PLEASE!!" I heard her shout desperately from behind me. I almost felt bad, as if maybe I missed something she was trying to tell me.. but my own fear took over and I ran. All the colors in this odd world began to fade away and turn to all shades of black white and gray. Animals were starting to slowly disappear back into the dark woods and mushrooms. I felt so alone and cold, the warm magical place I had once seen was gone.. when I reached the wall that the alley was once in, I bashed against it. "PLEASE! OPEN UP! HELP! PLEASEEEE!" The colors swirled together and got closer and closer, anything in it's way it swallowed like it was as small as an ant. "HELLPPP!!" I cried out once more.

The ground underneath me started to crumble and decay. Then finally, suddenly a crack in the wall opened up and I fell inside. I got on my feet as fast as I could and ran to the other side, going anywhere but from where I came from. I heard the cars honking and the school bells. Home...home...home... I just wanted to go home. I finally reached the other side of the alleyway and gasped for air. I stepped forward, away from the alley, just in case something happened again. But as soon as I did, I tripped on something small and stubby. The last thing I saw was a ... small pink mushroom ... before hitting my head on the sidewalk and- waking up in my bed, safe.

(I'm really sorry that it's a little late, I worked really hard on it though and I hope you still accept it in. Thank you <3)
OfflineOffline