Drawing Competition: Companions Against Adversity

WallyDonkey
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6R2Vr ... vBJc0vofaw

Post by WallyDonkey »

What is the drawing competition?

As part of the Cubeville Art Slam, we are running a drawing competition where players can submit drawings representing a set theme. You can use any drawing style you like, so long as it is based on the theme set in this post. It could be a hand drawing/painting, drawn using computer/tablet etc. The competition opens Sunday 20th September 2020 and entries must be submitted by 11:59pm EST Saturday 3rd October 2020.

How do I enter?

Entry is simple, you just need to start a thread in this forum and put your drawing submission in there. Your drawing will not be judged until after the submission deadline has passed so you are free to change as much as you like until that time. If you are unable to create a forums account yourself, you can ask someone else to submit on your behalf, they just need to clearly mark at the start of the thread who the artist is.

What is the drawing theme?

Your drawing must be based on the following theme:

"Companions Against Adversity"

Rules for entries

Your submission must only be drawn by you.
You may only make one entry.
Your submission must be based on the theme given, how you proceed from there is up to you.
If you are including any players from Cubeville in your drawing, you must have their permission before including them.
Your submission must be original, all entries will be checked for plagiarism and any found not to be original will be disqualified.

How are entries judged?

There will be an open vote for all players to pick their top three entries, which will run for one week after the closing date. More details of how and where to vote will be made available nearer the time.

What can I win?

The prizes are as follows:

1st Place - Additional Ores Minirank / OR / Obsidian Placement Minirank / OR / 1000 cubes
2nd Place - Additional Logs Minirank / OR / Glass Placement Minirank / OR / 500 cubes
3rd Place - Additional Flint Minirank / OR / Mycelium Placement Minirank / OR / 250 cubes
OfflineOffline
MCG8

Re: Drawing Competition: Companions Against Adversity

Post by MCG8 »

I have more questions!

you say it has to be original? Would it be allowed for me to look up a picture of a thing I wanted to draw to get the basic idea? theres no way someone can copy a thing perfectly unless they cheat and just take that picture. As long as I don't copy... is it ok? also if I had a drawing book would I be able to use it to help me get the shapes I want? Would I be allowed to copy a specific thing I wanted to add?
Join Cubeville May 6th 2017
Promoted to Helper August 7th 2022
Promoted to Moderator November 27th 2022
Promoted to Senior Moderator June 5th 2023
Proud Hufflepuff
OfflineOffline
bahamabucks

Post by bahamabucks »

MCG8 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:49 am I have more questions!

you say it has to be original? Would it be allowed for me to look up a picture of a thing I wanted to draw to get the basic idea? theres no way someone can copy a thing perfectly unless they cheat and just take that picture.
Im going to look at a sports photo, Mermaid said it was fine as long as it wasnt a direct copy?
"Don’t worry about what other people think. Hold your head up high and plunge forward!" - Midoriya Izuku

Joined Cubeville 09/01/2018
Promoted to Helper 8/7/2022
Promoted to Mod 11/27/2022
Promoted to Senior Mod 06/14/2023
OfflineOffline
MCG8

Post by MCG8 »

bahamabucks wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:02 pm
MCG8 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:49 am I have more questions!

you say it has to be original? Would it be allowed for me to look up a picture of a thing I wanted to draw to get the basic idea? theres no way someone can copy a thing perfectly unless they cheat and just take that picture.
Im going to look at a sports photo, Mermaid said it was fine as long as it wasnt a direct copy?
so I can copy the thing but add my own twist to it and that would be fine? Also does it have to be actual people or could it be some of my OC?
Join Cubeville May 6th 2017
Promoted to Helper August 7th 2022
Promoted to Moderator November 27th 2022
Promoted to Senior Moderator June 5th 2023
Proud Hufflepuff
OfflineOffline
Fireheads

Post by Fireheads »

Hi, so I was looking at some of the entry’s. And I was wondering this, so I am very bad at online drawing but could I draw something on paper and take a picture and upload it?
Joined CV September 18th 2020 and loves this server and never wants to leave
:green_heart: :heart: :orange_heart: :pink_heart: :purple_heart: :blue_heart: :yellow_heart: :cv:
OfflineOffline
WallyDonkey
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6R2Vr ... vBJc0vofaw

Post by WallyDonkey »

Yes you can definitely upload pictures of real art for the competition :)
OfflineOffline
TheLizardo

Post by TheLizardo »

Hi! I am trying to attach a picture of my drawing, but it says the file is too large. Any ideas?
OfflineOffline
bahamabucks

Post by bahamabucks »

TheLizardo wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:01 am Hi! I am trying to attach a picture of my drawing, but it says the file is too large. Any ideas?
Change the size of the drawing.

exp: from 1000 x 1200 to 800 x 1000
"Don’t worry about what other people think. Hold your head up high and plunge forward!" - Midoriya Izuku

OfflineOffline
TheLizardo

Post by TheLizardo »

I actually don't know how to do that... not very computer savvy. Found a work around by using a google pictures link
OfflineOffline
bahamabucks

Post by bahamabucks »

TheLizardo wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:14 am I actually don't know how to do that... not very computer savvy. Found a work around by using a google pictures link
If you send it to me on discord I can try?

OfflineOffline