CU Meeting Oct 10, 2020 (Server Build Applications, Creative Map Area, Relocate the Minecart Admin Shops)

Do you wish the server had something? This is the place to voice your request.
WeatherCats
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp2_3j ... vqihQbu-Sg

CU Meeting Oct 10, 2020 (Server Build Applications, Creative Map Area, Relocate the Minecart Admin Shops)

Post by WeatherCats »

Here are the wishlist suggestions from the October 10, 2020 Citizen’s Union meeting. (yes I’m lazy) (also, I won’t include abstain counts due to the difficulting of counting some people who just didn’t say they abstained)

Server Build Applications:
The idea presented was to have a way to apply for builds/minigames to become official server builds, kind of like landmarks/towns. This would possibly require a vote from staff, and likely have requirements so not just any build could become official.

Vote Count: 5-1
Presenter: FrankenLime (Suggestion from Community)

Creative Map Area:
This proposal is for a new plot area somewhere in the creative world, with plots laid out specifically for map art. These plots could be requested separately from normal creative world plots. It was mentioned that you could lock maps so that you can use that one plot more efficiently, however locking is not an official feature in 1.12.2. Instead, you just never enter the chunk the map art was made in order to “lock” it.

Vote Count: Unanimous
Presenter: gryhodied_satria

Relocate the Minecart Admin Shops:
On the CV highways, there are lift signs to get down from the railway part and there are minecart admin shop signs. The admin shop signs are located directly below the lift signs, and can be accidentally clicked instead of the lift sign. The request is for the admin shop signs to be relocated so that they can’t be accidentally clicked.

Vote Count: Unanimous-ish (Minus 1 player maybe?)
Presenter: MCG8
HELLO FROM THE INSIIIIIIIDE
OfflineOffline
Lime
Youtube: UC1nrD5W2Jcc84sxE1E2CjiA

Re: CU Meeting Oct 10, 2020 (Server Build Applications, Creative Map Area, Relocate the Minecart Admin Shops)

Post by Lime »

I love the idea of a creative map area - just a separate area of the CW or even a separate world on the same inventory from a portal there, I think it will be so useful to make and will provide a whole new amount of creativity by the CW :D
OfflineOffline
MysterNub

Re: CU Meeting Oct 10, 2020 (Server Build Applications, Creative Map Area, Relocate the Minecart Admin Shops)

Post by MysterNub »

While that would be a good idea , I could see people taking an advantage of the 2nd plot and use it for something else besides map art.
Joined CV in 2014
Came back to CV in 2019
I am nub
OfflineOffline
Lime
Youtube: UC1nrD5W2Jcc84sxE1E2CjiA

Post by Lime »

I mean, if the plot was only say 2 or 3 blocks high that problem could be solved, and any non map art could easily be removed - maybe the person would have to modreq for one of these plots, maybe 1 or 2 map art plots per CW player. I really think it would be awesome to have map art in the CW, a lot more things could be possible with the designs and RP's etc, just generally a really useful change imo :D
OfflineOffline