Art Slam 2023: Screenshot Competition

KittyCait

Art Slam 2023: Screenshot Competition

Post by KittyCait »

Screenshot Competition: Extraordinary Sights

What is the screenshot competition?

As part of the Cubeville Art Slam, we are running a screenshot competition where players can submit screenshots representing a set theme. You are free to take screenshots of whatever you like, so long as it is based on the theme set in this post. The competition opens Friday, 4th, 2023 and entries must be submitted by 11:59pm EST Friday 17th August 2023.

How do I enter?

Entry is simple, you just need to start a thread in this forum and post your screenshot in there. Your screenshot will not be judged until after the submission deadline has passed so you are free to change as much as you like until that time. If you are unable to create a forums account yourself, you can ask someone else to submit on your behalf, they just need to clearly mark at the start of the thread who the screenshot taker is.

What is the screenshot theme?

Your screenshot must be based on the following theme:

"Extraordinary Sights"

Rules for entries

Your submission must only be made by you.
You may only make one entry.
Your screenshot should be taken using vanilla Minecraft textures and without shaders.
Your screenshot should be taken in Minecraft Java Version 1.20 or below only.
Only blocks/structures buildable by a player in vanilla, non-command block, minecraft are allowed. Crazy contraptions built with command blocks look cool but are not accessible to everyone so create an uneven playing field.
You may not edit your screenshot after it has been taken.
Your screenshot must be taken on Cubeville or in Single Player. Screenshots from other servers will not be accepted.
Your submission must be based on the theme given, how you proceed from there is up to you.
If you are including any players from Cubeville in your screenshot, you must have their permission before including them.
Your submission must be original, all entries will be checked for plagiarism and any found not to be original will be disqualified.

How are entries judged?

There will be an open vote for all players to pick their top three entries, which will run for one week after the closing date. Voting starts on the 21st of Monday, 2023. More details of how and where to vote will be made available in the post.

What can I win?

The prizes are as follows:

1st Place - 30 Summer Games Coin and a Decorative Trophy Head
2nd Place- 20 Summer Games Coin and a Decorative Trophy Head
3rd Place - 10 Summer Games Coin and a Decorative Trophy Head

All Participants With a Complete, Timely Submission - 5 Summer Games Coin

Good luck everyone! Cannot wait to see everyone's amazing creations! Apologies for the delay!
"the wild kitty woke up and chose a little bit of violence, and what better way than to enact it on her friends (with love)"
OfflineOffline
Lime
Youtube: UC1nrD5W2Jcc84sxE1E2CjiA

Re: Art Slam 2023: Screenshot Competition

Post by Lime »

hey, would Faithful count as vanilla textures since it's just like normal but 32x instead of 16x ?
OfflineOffline
KittyCait

Post by KittyCait »

Lime wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:01 pm hey, would Faithful count as vanilla textures since it's just like normal but 32x instead of 16x ?
I'd say it counts as a texture pack, sorry!
"the wild kitty woke up and chose a little bit of violence, and what better way than to enact it on her friends (with love)"
OfflineOffline
bahamabucks

Post by bahamabucks »

This is an extraordinary site on an island project I work on with friends. I believe this section was built by Lime and Skye?
"Don’t worry about what other people think. Hold your head up high and plunge forward!" - Midoriya Izuku

Joined Cubeville 09/01/2018
Promoted to Helper 8/7/2022
Promoted to Mod 11/27/2022
Promoted to Senior Mod 06/14/2023
OfflineOffline
Lime
Youtube: UC1nrD5W2Jcc84sxE1E2CjiA

Post by Lime »

The large community of Mangrove Falls, in a spectacular shattered savanna with the famous Lissa statue and Magmasian flag in full view

(To see in full right-click and 'open in new tab')
OfflineOffline
vip2kea
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMF4kI ... QKHJHgvjzw

Post by vip2kea »

Building a base on an extortionary and majestic cherry grove hill! The view is stunning, the trees are amazing, 1.20 is a beautiful update!
Hi, I'm vip2kea! Nice to meet you!!! :D
CV6 Villages: Mayor of Calmi and Rivenbrick
CV7 Villages: Co-Mayor (Technically not Mayor Officially) of Oceano. Founder of Candy Land, Cherry Isles, and Redhills.
🖖🦯
Christian - Star Trek Nerd 🖖 - ACB 🦯'

"Smol Kea" ~Vic 2024. <3
OfflineOffline
LissaLaine

Post by LissaLaine »

I call this "Rainy Day"
I'm still pretty proud of this build :)
OfflineOffline
Joshiek

Post by Joshiek »

I guess I'll try my hand at this, not super great with screenshots but I do enjoy this view of my village at night and in the morning dawn :)

OfflineOffline
ComposerLumos
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@ComposerLumos

Post by ComposerLumos »

This is a screenshot of my new base location in the 'Alps Social Society' village. :)
(The base is still a work-in-progress, but the terrain is also really cool here! So I think this counts as an "extraordinary sight")

*EDIT: since the deadline for the competition was delayed, I decided to take a new screenshot after building some more in that area.
Last edited by ComposerLumos on Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

ComposerLumos

May 15, 2020: Joined Cubeville
March 24, 2023: Earned Shopkeeper [SK] rank
July 15, 2023: Finally got around to making a forum account

:heart: :cv: :blue_heart:
OfflineOffline
77nascar7777

Post by 77nascar7777 »

I call this extraordinary sight:

"Moments before disaster, 1915 colorized"

OfflineOffline