Vic's YouTube Channel :D

Any videos you've made, whether of CV or not, can be shared with everyone here
vic-torus
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/victorus

Vic's YouTube Channel :D

Post by vic-torus »

Hey everybody! For those who aren't aware, I have a YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/c/victorus; I cover both vanilla and (most recently) modded Minecraft, and play with some visual effects stuff on the side. There are several videos about Cubeville, stretching several years back in the server's history :3 I'm excited to continue growing my channel, so I hope to see you there! :D
Mayor of Elysium | Founder of Shadowharbor | Founder of Forgespring
Member of the Hades Unltd. Group
Promoted to Mod 31 July 2022 | Promoted to SMod 27 November 2022
OfflineOffline
FrankTheTank_9

Re: Vic's YouTube Channel :D

Post by FrankTheTank_9 »

This is some advice that you don't have to take personally, but you might get a lot more viewers from making your videos shorter. Just look at your channel. The CV Mystery Gift vid has more than 100 views, and is only 6 mins long. So you could make your vids more popular by making them shorter. Maybe like 10mins long.

But its your choice, just wanted to give you some advice for your channel :)
Insert stupid Dad Joke Here:
OfflineOffline
vic-torus
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/victorus

Post by vic-torus »

FrankTheTank_9 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:12 pm This is some advice that you don't have to take personally, but you might get a lot more viewers from making your videos shorter. Just look at your channel. The CV Mystery Gift vid has more than 100 views, and is only 6 mins long. So you could make your vids more popular by making them shorter. Maybe like 10mins long.

Aha tyvm for advice ^_^ I find that it really depends on the particular video - a review or funny video is expected to be somewhat short, while a Let's Play episode averages 15-30min across most channels, and then stuff like unboxings or how-tos can stretch to like an hour. Just what I've observed :D
Mayor of Elysium | Founder of Shadowharbor | Founder of Forgespring
Member of the Hades Unltd. Group
Promoted to Mod 31 July 2022 | Promoted to SMod 27 November 2022
OfflineOffline
Europa64
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3uSQ5 ... AJkFHzReqw

Post by Europa64 »

vic-torus wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:33 pm
FrankTheTank_9 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:12 pm This is some advice that you don't have to take personally, but you might get a lot more viewers from making your videos shorter. Just look at your channel. The CV Mystery Gift vid has more than 100 views, and is only 6 mins long. So you could make your vids more popular by making them shorter. Maybe like 10mins long.

Aha tyvm for advice ^_^ I find that it really depends on the particular video - a review or funny video is expected to be somewhat short, while a Let's Play episode averages 15-30min across most channels, and then stuff like unboxings or how-tos can stretch to like an hour. Just what I've observed :D
That's what I've found as well. My videos, which are generally some weird amalgamation between a vlog, how-to/demo, and (sometimes) unboxing, can easily reach into the 20 or 30 minute range, but some do reach closer (and sometimes exceed) an hour in length. Some channels I watch have a set format and therefore have a relatively static amount of time per video, or have a few different formats and have a different average length for each format, while others have no specific format (this is closer to what mine is) and can have videos ranging from a few minutes in length to videos exceeding an hour.

I would personally say your videos fit into the former category, with there being a general format and average length for each video. :)
OfflineOffline